Those "uber 1337 haxxors" finally get the chop
Quote:However, in doing so people tend to overlook our accomplishments too.

bottom line is we're here and we like the game. So do an awful lot of other people. If 131K accounts is 1% then we're talking about 13 million online accounts. Plus a big single player audience

I don't know about anyone else but I have a lot of games sitting on the shelf that I enjoyed a great deal and finished in a few days. To me, I got my money's worth out of those

I have some that I don't like at all. Well that was a waste for me, other people might like them. In some cases games have been a real let-down. Recently Homm4 came out with no MP capability - it took a patch some months later to get this basic facility working

So yes, it might well annoy me that Poison Dagger operates on a base 18 frame swing. Not fair!

But the gripes are not so bad as to spoil the play experience

And I've got a lot of value out of this game, far more than I paid for it

The actions of fans have been bad enough to spoil the play experience on public BNet which the company is tackling now. I could wish for more to have been done in the past - particularly with regard to the online market in cheat items - EBay and so on

But firstly it is hardly the company's fault that a section of the fans have made every effort to mess up the game. If you are watching a football match and some idiots run on to the playing field is it the club's fault? I don't think so.

And secondly Blizzard are showing their teeth now and I imagine will ferociously be banning these people during the first few weeks of the Ladder. 1% of accounts have been banned. If 25% (my guess) actively cheat then you have a 4% chance per account of losing your account every time Blizzard do this. If it happens a few more times most cheaters will have been hit on at least one account. That will wrestle the mindset of average players back to the "better not cheat" view which most people start with

Good luck, Blizzard ! :)

Messages In This Thread
Those "uber 1337 haxxors" finally get the chop - by Roderigo - 04-05-2003, 11:34 PM
Those "uber 1337 haxxors" finally get the chop - by Brista - 04-06-2003, 03:16 AM
Those "uber 1337 haxxors" finally get the chop - by Thoreandan - 04-06-2003, 04:15 PM