Those "uber 1337 haxxors" finally get the chop
Roland,Apr 5 2003, 03:18 AM Wrote:They put off what they can while they can.

In other words, if it can wait for the patch, it will wait for the patch. Whether this is a good practice or a bad one... *shrugs* Not my call. But it's what they do, for better or worse. It does create tension between the company and its consumers, no doubt about that. But, at the same time, it allows for them to get alot more done at once, instead of a string of minor things rapidly.

As much as I hate the wait time, I would rather have one BIG patch than ten little patches. But, that's me. I have faith that 1.10 will come out. Whether I like it or not, however, remains to be seen. ;)

It's just like in the Frozen Throne Beta: people complain about the broken elements of the game, screaming over and over "Why aren't they fixed yet? Release a patch to fix them NOW!" And you know what Blizzard does (aside from ignore these idiots)? They DON'T release a patch to fix the most broken element immediately. They wait a couple days, or a week, or two weeks. And then you know what they do? The release a patch that fixes every BIG broken thing that there ever was, as well as a ton of little things you never even noticed, AND adds in a whole slew of new stuff that just adds to the overall game. Now, frankly, I'm MUCH more in favor of THAT style than a "let's patch every single issue as it comes" style, even if it means waiting 6 months. ;) Besides, it's much more cost effective that way. ;)
You have much more faith left that I. But I would so love to be proven wrong here...

Messages In This Thread
Those "uber 1337 haxxors" finally get the chop - by True Seeker - 04-05-2003, 04:43 AM
Those "uber 1337 haxxors" finally get the chop - by Roderigo - 04-05-2003, 11:34 PM
Those "uber 1337 haxxors" finally get the chop - by Thoreandan - 04-06-2003, 04:15 PM