Those "uber 1337 haxxors" finally get the chop
You know, even with lines of 700+ I never had much problem creating or joining games. My average wait time was less than 30 seconds, and I can live with that. Botting has been around almost as long as Iths, and outside of a few instances they haven't cause as much havoc on the servers (game creation related) as most people proclaim.

I'm still a bit dumbfounded about the fact that Blizzard has had a way to detect and delete Iths and hasn't done so. I would imagine were you to poll b.net, the deletion of Iths and other bugged items would be one of the top 3 things people want to happen. The continued existance of them is a sign to many people, right, wrong, or indifferent, that Blizzard doesn't deliver on its promises. One instance of bannings won't change that, nor should it. Do you remember when 1.06 came out and massive amounts of dupes were deleted, how people were suddenly supportive of Blizzard again? 3 patches and almost 2 years later the realms are more messed up than ever. In my mind, the recent events are a case of "too little, too late". I'd like to give Blizzard the benifit of the doubt about 1.10, but I forsee it being like LoD- exciting and refreshing for the first month or so, but in the end it won't live up the the press releases.

*Disclaimer* You may ask yourself, "Why is he still playing? If he's so fed up with Blizzard and D2 why doesn't he quit?" To be honest, I'm asking myself the same questions now. I'm having a hard time finding a reason to log on anymore. Also, I did not lose my accounts in the recent purgings. This is not the source of my bitterness. Finally, none of this is a specific attack on any one person, and certainly not directed at Isolde. The fact that he posts at a Diablo fansite speaks volumes about Blizzard's devotion to their games and their good intentions, but as the saying goes, "The road to Hell is paved with good intentions".

Messages In This Thread
Those "uber 1337 haxxors" finally get the chop - by True Seeker - 04-04-2003, 06:18 PM
Those "uber 1337 haxxors" finally get the chop - by Roderigo - 04-05-2003, 11:34 PM
Those "uber 1337 haxxors" finally get the chop - by Thoreandan - 04-06-2003, 04:15 PM