Those "uber 1337 haxxors" finally get the chop
As I said, I was just making an observation.

And you're right: several (MANY) mistakes have been made throughout the career of D2, not the least of which involving hacks, dupes, etc. Live and learn, right? Let's just hope Blizzard HAS learned. If not, they're gonna have a very short-lived career.

And then there are the server attacks, most of which we probably don't even hear about. I've no doubt they cause a heck of alot of problems, and probably ALOT more often than we ever hear about. Another sad fact: the bigger the target, the more people are gonna try and hit it (regardless of their skill).

I've no doubt detecting hacks is an arduous and lengthy process, and even moreso for passing judgement on just what was a hack, and what wasn't. But, such is the price of quality: if you're careless, or rash, or just plain ignorant, you'll screw up. And it will cost you, bigtime. Better for them to take their time and get it right, than rush it and get it wrong.

In any case, it's good to hear from someone on the inside. Despite how aggravating it can be to be hounded by fans, sometimes even the littlest bone can go a LONG way.
Roland *The Gunslinger*

Messages In This Thread
Those "uber 1337 haxxors" finally get the chop - by Roland - 04-04-2003, 08:18 AM
Those "uber 1337 haxxors" finally get the chop - by Roderigo - 04-05-2003, 11:34 PM
Those "uber 1337 haxxors" finally get the chop - by Thoreandan - 04-06-2003, 04:15 PM