Those "uber 1337 haxxors" finally get the chop
Isolde,Apr 3 2003, 11:33 PM Wrote:Um, this shouldn't be taken as an attempt to get you to trust Blizzard though.  It's mostly a company of extremely young and often rash programmers and artists who are mostly in it for the fun of it.  So plenty of mistakes get made.
Just wow.

That has got to be the single, truest statement ever said about Blizzard. I've always WANTED to say it, but I always held my tongue cause I didn't want to sound like a jerk. :D But that's it. That right there sums it up. Blizzard in a nutshell, if you will. ;)

And you're right: Blizzard is, essentially, nothing but a bunch of big kids. Which is probably why we ALL have such a love / hate relationship with them: they're gamers, like us, so we can relate to them. But, at the same time, they lack the professionalism that we, as consumers, demand of them. And, it's one of the biggest thorns in my side about Blizzard. Well, that and things like:

Quote:Player killing (commonly known as "pk") is an aspect of Diablo II that is fully intended and is an integral part of the game. The risk of your character being killed in the game adds an element of fear and danger that is part of the Diablo II storyline and overall game design.

But I digress. I just had to comment on your statement. It just hit home. The whole "Blizzard is a money-grubbing conglomeration bent on world-domination of the computer gaming market" bit always has to make me laugh. It's just pure BS. But, that Blizzard employees, namely the people who make the games, are just a little unrefined when it comes to their tasks... Well, hell, that's about as true as you can get! They make mistakes, plain and simple.

I'll keep the rest of my comments on that issue to myself. I don't want to Blizzard bash, any more than I have already in this post (which is too much already). ;) Just had to speak up on your comment. :)
Roland *The Gunslinger*

Messages In This Thread
Those "uber 1337 haxxors" finally get the chop - by Roland - 04-04-2003, 06:11 AM
Those "uber 1337 haxxors" finally get the chop - by Roderigo - 04-05-2003, 11:34 PM
Those "uber 1337 haxxors" finally get the chop - by Thoreandan - 04-06-2003, 04:15 PM