Those "uber 1337 haxxors" finally get the chop
Well, the "I'm fully legit. I don't cheat! I only use Lag Reducer" argument sounds quite similar. The black and white only starts and stops where you set it. I'd also be curious to know when and how you decided that computer game cheating in multiplayer was bad. It wasn't something that I believed when I first logged onto D1 shareware, heck I was hardly even aware of it. Only the utter boredom of dupe usage convinced me otherwise. A lot of legits here were not exactly born so, it was something that was aquired.

I was curious whether some of the basin bannings are about a script a member developed that refreshes mules, but it seems to not always be the case. People who have been banned seemed to be really into magic finding though. One person uses a mac (for which no cheats even exist to my knowledge), but he's able to do pindle runs in about 30 seconds. Another person would do pindle and larzuk runs for 6 hours a sitting. Isolde is not at liberty to disclose his detection method, but it's not going to help my skepticism of "0%" any. Even things like improper client responses can sometimes be duplicated via glitches and flukes.

Cheating can't be completely stopped, but companies like ID are certainly doing a much better job at it. I think Blizzard would be better off looking into that before banning legits and robbing them of their money. Verant is not a company to emulate. But then there is precedent; rather than using an encryption algorithm on the war3 beta, Blizzard sues BnetD. It seems that they don't mind stepping on legitimate toes to make an example of miscreants.

According to Blizzard, I'm probably a pirate and a cheater, so you'll have to pardon me if I'm not too enthusastic about such a heavy-handed approach. I have no reason to believe that they will not turn on me next.

Messages In This Thread
Those "uber 1337 haxxors" finally get the chop - by FoxBat - 04-04-2003, 02:04 AM
Those "uber 1337 haxxors" finally get the chop - by Roderigo - 04-05-2003, 11:34 PM
Those "uber 1337 haxxors" finally get the chop - by Thoreandan - 04-06-2003, 04:15 PM