Those "uber 1337 haxxors" finally get the chop
FoxBat,Apr 2 2003, 03:56 PM Wrote:Despite what has been said, some fully legit people really HAVE gotten their passwords changed by Blizzard, as one can see at the Basin.
And despite what those "fully legit" people say, more often than not, they do use maphack.
Sorry, but in the past two days I've seen hundreds of supposedly legit players complain, only to discover that yes, they did use maphack, or yes, they did have one hacked item on one char, etc.

I have 12 accounts, never cheated, and they're all intact.

Deleting 131k accounts is a good start. It's an anti-cheating move, that first of all probably got rid of some of the most nototrious cheaters, and secondly, many people might be driven to the legit path through fear of repercussions.
This will be very good, if we see another 100k acounts deleted in a month or two. If it's just onetime action, then the effects won't be so profound as I hope they would be.

Messages In This Thread
Those "uber 1337 haxxors" finally get the chop - by Dani - 04-02-2003, 05:27 PM
Those "uber 1337 haxxors" finally get the chop - by Roderigo - 04-05-2003, 11:34 PM
Those "uber 1337 haxxors" finally get the chop - by Thoreandan - 04-06-2003, 04:15 PM