Those "uber 1337 haxxors" finally get the chop
Wapptor,Apr 2 2003, 02:05 AM Wrote:Talking with him recently on AIM, I realized that his accounts, his years of effort were gone, all his friends were quitting d2, many of my friends were quitting d2, and his will to play anymore was gone, and he like many others despised blizzard, they felt that they had ruined their game.  And quickly, while some were forcibly (banned) kicked off battle.net some of my other friends just quit because their friends were no longer there.  And within a few days I watched as my small, tightly knit d2 community dissolved around me.  The same has happened for many other people, I know.
Looks like your friend and friends and so learned how to quit the 'hard' way. A lot of the full time veterans or experienced players quit a very, very long time ago.

As for me, I had already quit the scene 3 months after LOD had came out. Simply why? It was the mere beginning of some of the duped items, and hacked items started popping out that I read on the forums.

Well, I did switch to hardcore, but eventually my appetite for DII already died down, I think mainly/generally it was because of the CO-OP that scheduled/prepared runs (such as private HC Hell cow lvl, man those were the bomb games back then!), as you played with only people you knew and it was easily trust-able.

Eventually, I'm sure the hacked items made games not fun anymore - What's there to fear if you know you can destroy everything easily.. There wouldn't be any emotional or having a fun experience playing the game online. Like for one, what's the fun/adrenaline of having a clvl 90+ hardcore character, whom has all the hacked items and most doubtly cannot die the whole game?

I remembered the first time I got tricked in D2C as well, sometime a few months after it came out. Anyone ever remember the 'put a soj in trade window, take it out and put a magic look alike ring?' Well, I despised it when it happened, but that's the only time I've been tricked on b.net. I do hope that guy's account gets deleted, though. (I like avengeful revenges)

Messages In This Thread
Those "uber 1337 haxxors" finally get the chop - by sojourn - 04-02-2003, 04:48 PM
Those "uber 1337 haxxors" finally get the chop - by Roderigo - 04-05-2003, 11:34 PM
Those "uber 1337 haxxors" finally get the chop - by Thoreandan - 04-06-2003, 04:15 PM