How I believe GA and pierce should work together
If strafe and multishot only get 1 hit on a monster, cost more mana then guided (a lot more per level with multi which gets a damage REDUCTION, not increase) I don't see why 1 guided should get 5 hits on a monster, I can fire 10 strafe arrows into 1 monster and only get 1 hit, if anything that's just silly.

Let's compare something really quick. Whirlwind. It's been nerfed several times, it's even slower then it once was... it's still a primary skill and deadly in the hands of a skilled player.

GA nerfed, you still can fire at 9 or 8 frames... so that's 2 or 3 a second anyways, strafe requires an ar check, and could get the same amount (or less) hits in a second... GA goes where you want it to, doesn't lock you down, multi as said has a damage reduction, and costs a ton of mana, same amount fired as guided which could still be used for scouting, corners, and boss killing quite easily...

With the bows of today, GA without pierce will still do incredible amounts of damage... and be a great skill for scalpel work and precision killing... a long time ago I thought it'd be neat if it would bonce around a few targets, but then it'd easily outdo strafe or even multi, so that was sorta out... compared with other skills in the tree, with pierce it is simply unbalanced and potentially much more useful considering:
1)increased damage per level
2)DECREAED cost per level
3)potentiality to be hitting a target with enough shots that it can't move, let alone what happens with knockback or slow.
4)multiple hits=multiple leech with high damage on it, for just 1 shot... fire 1 guided and you can leech back 4x your leech per the damage, easily... not a bad deal for around 2 mana.

SO yeah, just my 2 cents on the issue.

-Saga_Keeper

Messages In This Thread
How I believe GA and pierce should work together - by Saga_Keeper - 04-06-2003, 12:37 AM