Warrior Leveling Tatic
I'll try to keep this short and simple... don't want to start another long "legit" thread if I can help it. If someone picks up an infra scroll and casts it without thinking about what they had hotkeyed, and as a result end up with infra that lasts a day and a half, that is perfectly fine as far as I'm concerned. What I object to is someone taking the time to actually make sure they get the benefit they aren't supposed to have. And for a strat to be more or less built around this idea, I don't think it's a good thing.

I personally think the combination of stealth and infra alone is very cheesy, but I wouldn't consider it cheating unless that person knows they don't need very many infra scrolls because they can just take advantage of this bug every time.

In the unlikely case that you don't already know my position regarding your MS bug example, here it is: Whether the player has read JG and gained knowledge of the bug is entirely irrelevent. They are only cheating if the primary purpose of {using cursed items/ not pumping vit/ etc.} is to lower their life in order to take advantage of the bug. Or in other words, they are only exploiting the bug if the actions they take are different because of their knowledge of the bug. This is only my opinion, whereas several people here have made it very clear that they believe the BNM/NM in this example would indeed be cheating.

Regarding fireball: It does roughly the damage listed on screen, and is applied to an AOE such that the target is hit twice and the surrounding area is hit once. That is not how a fireball works in D&D, but I haven't seen any clear evidence to suggest that it's a bug. But in the case that the double damage is unintended, I would still not be willing to change my playing style to avoid the bug... Just like people do not avoid killing hell/hell Diablo just because his AC is too low.

From the same standpoint, I don't expect people to stop using scrolls because of the bug we are discussing in this thread. And I don't really expect people to stop what they are doing, change their hotkey to the scroll they are about to click, and then cast, every time they choose to use a scroll. I just think it crosses the line for people to take the time when reading a scroll to ensure that they have some high level spell hotkeyed. Now in most cases, the effect of changing the spell level of a scroll is so minimal that it doesn't matter much anyway. But in this particular case it has a great impact, which is why the idea was mentioned in the first place.

Messages In This Thread
Warrior Leveling Tatic - by the Langolier - 05-07-2003, 07:22 AM
Warrior Leveling Tatic - by Elite - 05-07-2003, 08:07 AM
Warrior Leveling Tatic - by Nystul - 05-07-2003, 09:14 AM
Warrior Leveling Tatic - by Sir_Die_alot - 05-14-2003, 07:20 PM
Warrior Leveling Tatic - by Occhidiangela - 05-14-2003, 08:39 PM
Warrior Leveling Tatic - by Moldran - 05-14-2003, 10:10 PM
Warrior Leveling Tatic - by Yogi_Baar - 05-15-2003, 08:10 AM
Warrior Leveling Tatic - by Nystul - 05-15-2003, 08:30 AM
Warrior Leveling Tatic - by Nystul - 05-15-2003, 08:43 AM
Warrior Leveling Tatic - by Something Dutch - 05-15-2003, 01:38 PM
Warrior Leveling Tatic - by Occhidiangela - 05-15-2003, 04:40 PM