Diablo Retail X-cuse me?
>I was sure that neither walking nor casting had an effect on your AC. I tried finding anything in J.P.'s guide about it, but didn't see anything. Have I missed it, or is it simply not there because it doesn't happen?

I'm pretty sure it doesn't. I guess you can always go to Normal church clad with high AC (shouldn't be too hard for norm church) and go walking around monsters and casting spells (like Hbolt at a Fallen). From my memory, AC isn't affected at all by walking or casting.

Where I can see players getting the wrong impression is, what they think is high AC. I've met people who firmly believes DSC is teh best0st armor for H\Hell, because it's got a whopping 100 AC. Then when they cast heal in the middle of a Balrog pack, or tried walking away from a gang of Knights they get slaughtered. So believing that by casting or walking, it affects AC is plausible for them, since 100 AC must be high. Yet when they cast\walk in H\Hell they still get hit.

Of course that's just from my personal experience, your 'friends' might vary. ;)

>I am just at a loss as to where people get this crap from. If anyone else has been to this channel, see if you can't help spread some knowlege.

Hitting your head against a brick wall might be more productive, since this is what you're up against. At this point it's probably better to give them a link to JG etc, and tell them to have a nice life if they still believe that G0dly splatter of Whale is possible in unmodified, D1 classic.

Besides, if they're that much of a jerk, do you really want them around anyway?

Messages In This Thread
Diablo Retail X-cuse me? - by the Langolier - 05-31-2003, 12:03 AM
Diablo Retail X-cuse me? - by Hammerskjold - 05-31-2003, 01:21 AM
Diablo Retail X-cuse me? - by LemmingofGlory - 05-31-2003, 01:53 AM
Diablo Retail X-cuse me? - by Elite - 05-31-2003, 06:32 AM
Diablo Retail X-cuse me? - by Attika - 05-31-2003, 07:34 PM