The Great Race; a proposal for "Khalim" awards
Crystalion,Nov 9 2003, 12:56 PM Wrote:I have to say that I saw enough rushing beggars in my foray into public games the last two days that I strongly suspect the more successful of those players are beating that average simply by carry-along with parties that want Players N to be high, without needing real players in the party. I'm not sure I'm willing to test that theory by naming one of my pub games "come be rushed past Baal" or some such.
I was just trying to take advantage of this! :blink:

But it is too slow and I ran into some problem. I had a clvl 1 in Act2, by joinin the "right game". I joined another where they where tracking down the staff, but had ammy TPs up, and even a spare ammy for me :lol:

Got the staff too, but then I wondered if I really needed a cube, so I tried to enter the palace, but no dice. I joined a couple of games, found one with Arcane runner, got "you may enter the palace" finally. But I could not enter an Arcane TP. That was very puzzling, since I have entered such TPs merely by obtaining the ammy. Hmmm.

Aha! I didn't really get the ammy, I just picked it up after the quest had been cleared. So "SocketMe" needs a twink or something to unlock the Arcane. I'm just setting this aside for awhile, in a week or two, I'll get a second Diablo installation on one of these computers and actually work this stuff out.

---

I've rushed a few groups to see how the Summoner plays, had one group letting me keep all the drops! I got two Death Hands that run, and gave one to the smarter of the rushees. The Summoner (in normal) just doesn't have a poison problem after awhile. Baal runs were supplying some sweet items for awhile, so I was in give away mode. Now they are just gold runs of course.

---
(later)

Ah, OK. Act2 has a history of getting the player quest state out of whack, and it's even worse now. The solution will always be to create a quick game, clear up access and rejoin the public game.

Messages In This Thread
The Great Race; a proposal for "Khalim" awards - by Ferengi - 11-09-2003, 02:11 PM