The Great Race; a proposal for "Khalim" awards
Crystalion,Oct 9 2003, 08:32 AM Wrote:At least I can complete the clvl 25 rush, nm Hellforge, and location rush a bit more to nm act 5 (where I can test the theory about party leeching xp from my HolyFist Paly in the Zombie Garden).
Well I decided to let my character kill the Ancients and Baal (but be location rushed to them). This process (players 2) took a bit under half an hour (the ancients took a while and ran me down to just one mana potion left, no heals/rejuvs). Baal was easy by comparision (his minions up top might have been harder had I done those, possibly).

Now that I was in nm I realized another flaw in my rushing plan: I don't have a "duriel mule" for nm to hold the staff passage open. So I had to do it the long way (but saved off after installing the staff). Everything else was straightforward. Took nearly an hour and a half to claim the Pul rune for the nm Hellforge reward (bringing the total time for the character at that point to ~7 hours).

I was getting tired but decided to go ahead and rush to act 5, so I could test the party xp concept with HolyFist in the Zombie Garden. Had I been more alert I would have simulated what I would do on BNet in this case by Players 1 (that is, I'd have the quest person start the game, but leave, so Diablo's minions wouldn't be as tedious to kill for my soso Rusher). It took me almost half an hour to advance to act 5 (my rusher died to a boss pack at the entrance of Chaos Sanctuary, and the return clear was slow).

So I started one of my nm Zombie Garden games with HolyFist and joined with Anna (my rushee, now nearly clvl 26). In a one of my typical runs (under two minutes ala the movie I posted, even though this is Players 2 it doesn't matter, as HolyFist is way overkilling for Players 1) Anna, who just stood in the Garden out of the way, picked up ~2/3rds of a level. I suspect this means it would take under two hours to get her to 40 in this manner (from her current 26.6). That isn't what I'm going to do with her, of course, but I did want to check it out.
"He's got demons? Cool!" -- Gonzo, Muppet Treasure Island

"Proto-matter... an unstable substance which every ethical scientist in the galaxy has denounced as dangerously unpredictable." -- Saavik, Star Trek III

"Mom! Dad! It's evil! Don't touch it!" -- Kevin, Time Bandits

Messages In This Thread
The Great Race; a proposal for "Khalim" awards - by Crystalion - 10-09-2003, 12:43 PM