The Great Race; a proposal for "Khalim" awards
Quote:Just out of curiousity, are you using keyboard/mouse/display switch, or can you actually cross 25 feet of space in half a second (must be a NASA G-force test chair)?
Win98se task switching. With the number of turns involved (7+) in that distance, I am not even sure that a "NASA G-force test chair" could stand up doing that run. :P

Quote:There. Now that I'm less obscure, and finally understood that you were using some better than safespot technique (safespots are hassles--I like my suicide method better, unless the safe spots are no-brainers, like Andarial's area), am I on the same wavelength? Or did you discover some awful D1esque player attribution "slot" oddity, like have the rusher cause open wounds and then leave the game, which then decides to award the kill to a remaining (in game) party member? I was assuming that if you had found something abnormal like that, you'd just report the particulars as a bug, and not worry about it, so I guessed that you were using safe spots or timing (or, as I now believe, timing insensitive automagic kills, like Holy Shock).
Basically none of the above. As I said; "With what I did, a sacrifice would gain zero speed increase and in hardcore just be a waste of even having started the character in the first place." As in if you did this in HC, the results would be similar to hitting the "Go to Jail" square in Monopoly; go back to act 1 normal and start a new set of characters over from there, do not pass the act, do not collect any rewards. It need not be any more dangerous in HC than what players are already used to risking there normally.

Some of the posts in this thread are touching on parts of 'how to do it'. There are are a few minor misconceptions that some have about certain parts that are preventing them from seeing the way though. If this thread continues to over 100 posts, there is a good chance that some will begin to see what it is that needs to be done though. Most are not seeing the forest due to the trees you are looking at.

Quote:Edit: Another possibility ...
Another way would be to change the limited TP access is coded for the restraint. Have it limit the leaving town based on the clvl and level of the area going to. If the limit is that a character cannot tp into an area that has a level more than twice as great as their clvl, then that would provide a simple method to frastrate most the rushing exploits, but not too much of restraint for someone who can play good. Some example levels in normal
level area
11 Catacombs 2
12 Catacombs 4
16 Valley of the Magi
17 Valley Tombs and Duriels lair
25 Durance 1-3
28 Chaos Sanctuary
29 Ancient Way
43 Throne Room/Worldstone Chamber
Needing a clvl that is at least 1/2 of these values would not cause normal players much trouble, but to someone that is trying to rush the restriction to using a TP to get to say Durance 3 would put them at a disadvantage. Though they could run the distance, that would severly restrict the 'value' of the 'rush'. The recieve credit in town exploit could be used to some degree, but the 'rushees' would then just face the problem of having to run out of town in some of the later acts and difficulties until they could find the WP to use. For access to the MooMooFarm, the area levels are 28, 64, 81.

Walkiry:
Quote:I had to reroll the ancients once, somehow Talic was immune to Poison (but it didn't show anywhere other than the fact that he didn't turn green).
Two of the ancients have a base 70% poison resistance in normal. The ancients get some random equipment when they spawn. If they had gotten an item(s) with 30%+ poison resistance on the game would have ended up treating that like Poison Immunity, but not listed it as such on the overhead display. The listing of imunities and such with their life bar is only based on the stats that they have without equipment or extra add ons (like a necros Summon Resist).

Messages In This Thread
The Great Race; a proposal for "Khalim" awards - by Ruvanal - 09-14-2003, 12:21 PM