The Great Race; a proposal for "Khalim" awards
Reading thru the various posts, I'm reminded of many things. The technique of "Dying to get the Hell" where the party members wear down the boss in question in between their deaths. I remember seeing it a lot in 1.05 or so against Diablo. The group merely wants to get to Cow games. I'd expect that technique to come back.

This is a point that rushing Imbue mules and clvl 20s need to remember. The 2 (or is it 3) day requirement to play for 2 hours.

I had a "level 9" dueler, so I'd say check into Sacrifice. Taking 30% of an clvl 16 barbs life is serious damage.

So, I also mention my best, i.e. easiest in Normal, char to consider. The Throwing Barb, the only one I started from scratch worth mentioning. Throwing weapons work well against Andy, Meph, Diablo if you can handle the fire waves, and everything for quests in Act5 (can't remember Duriel). It's recommended to use throwing axes for barbs, but I liked the longer ranged javelins. Never twinked this guy until clvl 40+ (too much fun to play)....hmm I must have twinked for mana leech, but you can drink pots now [and that is the one change I object to, but then my rules are that needing to drink 2+ pots is bad]. Dunno how this will work now since Masteries are changed, probably just throw more javs. You get Barb HP, Barb AR, Barb Warcries, ranged attack, Leap! and Double Throw at 1 mana. If I wasn't at the Air Races this weekend, I'd work this up.

Watch X die. Hmm, given your computer switching story this is not merely watching the death animation (i.e. moving close at death) but includes "Watch X move". I'll figure it out sometime (i.e. the first time I really need it)...my 1 hour comment is for the news to leak out, not to figure it out BTW. My current guess is that the rusher is next to the rushee and lures the boss close for a one-hit kill (maybe he'll reply to that methinks :P )

Walkiry, if you haven't read Sirians Fire Skills, do so. If you pick up wands and scepters, keeping mercs is no problem. Just buy whatever kind you need to help, be very sure that the merc lvl is just one less than yours. Ice Blast is often overlooked BTW. Try Players2, you can always get that on the realms. For clvl 18+, Act3 jungle with an Ice Wolf is cake. If the Canyon is not good XP, try all the tombs. I think I'm alittle puzzled about your goal, you need to balance scarcity of monster, exp per monster and killing speed. If I kill a lower monster than gives 1/2 exp 3 times faster.... Once there was a rumor of a spreadsheet that someone had that supposedly factored all three to predict best areas.

Messages In This Thread
The Great Race; a proposal for "Khalim" awards - by Ferengi - 09-13-2003, 10:27 AM