Like hitting a rock pillar!
Walkiry,Dec 1 2003, 07:14 PM Wrote:and try to be "careless"
Careless? I don't need to try to be, that's how I am most the time! Altough I've played every character alot over the years, both high and low AC setups, I always manage to get myself into tricky situations and in a lot of nearly hopeless item recoveries. Even though lvl 13 on hell is filled with Lightning Demons and Maws, I just can't resist the urge to blindly teleport over that wall with my Arty mage! And my LAW goes like that: " I can probly handle one more Drake...and another, and another, another....Red Screen of Doom!"

While item recovery runs can be very frustrating, they provide great challenge proportional to the stupidity and carelessness of your pre-RSoD acts. Tackling 15 hell/hell soulies and a couple of Rogs with a naked warrior, retrieving parts of my gear every run can be fun in it's own kind of way.

About that -DFE setup, I know it's viability is pretty limited in Hell. I used that mostly to do some normal Laz runs. But I re-equiped my mage with his classic Arty setup, 989 mana, usde to have over 1k, but lost some sweet rings over the years of comp crashing/not-so-up-to-date backups reloading and such, and find it more efficient that way. Plus it's fun to become vulnerable once again, I've become acostumed to tank-maging over the last few months, which is literaly "legit god mode".

Messages In This Thread
Like hitting a rock pillar! - by Daemon - 11-09-2003, 03:31 AM
Like hitting a rock pillar! - by the Langolier - 11-10-2003, 02:38 AM
Like hitting a rock pillar! - by Sr.Juez - 11-10-2003, 12:35 PM
Like hitting a rock pillar! - by Nystul - 11-10-2003, 01:16 PM
Like hitting a rock pillar! - by Walkiry - 12-01-2003, 07:23 PM
Like hitting a rock pillar! - by Daemon - 12-02-2003, 12:32 AM