No Multiplayer: HELP!
Quote:If you have to ban me for clearing up this isue than so be it but I don't think that that is right.

I'm sorry for the trouble I've obviously caused.

Oh, blah blah blah blah. Pull your tail out from between your legs. It's my job to deal with this stuff. It's also my job and the job of other Lurkers to promote the best in gamers. If you're still resorting to cheating, you are still insecure about something. That's why people cheat. You don't need to do that.

Quote:I didn't mean that I cheated to attack the pks, yes, they are part of the game. I was saying that I tried to use a program that made me "god mode" to player attack (yes it's a cheat) to avoid the scenario...

And it's the wrong approach. Friendly fire is also a part of the game. Learning good cooperative gaming skills is very important. If your partners never worry about hitting you, they've no reason to improve their aim or play more cautiously. Incompetent co-op partners don't make anyone happy.

Quote:I used that whilst I was lvl 1 - 7 because I was most vulnerable as a new "legit" player. I know admiting to using something like that is against the rules but I felt I had to clear that up since you seem to be accusing me or being ignorant in some manor.

Well, the thing is... cheaters are regarded ignorant here. Because they almost universally are. Inept. Unskilled. Insecure. All of those. You cheat by wrapping yourself in a "Cloud of Peace," but no-damage-from-players is still not a legitimate practice. And it's completely unnecessary.

Think about it. What's really happening when you get PKed? You lose gold. You have to worry about whether that jackass is going to try for your other ear. Your gaming is disrupted. That's the worst of it, but cheating won't solve that. PK can still kill your coop partners. He can create monster "traps" at portals and stairwells. He can grief in more ways than you can protect against. The solution universally comes back to passworded games... or accepting the disruption.

OR -- and this is a big OR, it's a fun OR -- you can *cough* with these people. They're stupid and temperamental, and it'll probably end up in you being crashed to the desktop. You see, nothing annoys PKs more than you staying in town. And, since you've nothing better to do, mock them. Cop a 'tude and sink your teeth in. Often you can insult them to their face and they won't realize it. If they do realize you're mocking them, their best counter will always be some cliche curse or the oh-so-emasculating "cowerd!!!11 git downe hear1" They provide you with plenty of material. Just observe them; there's no need to make anything up. At best, they get fed up and leave. At worst, they crash you. Those are the cards you're dealt with this. Play the hand as you like.

Quote:...but in this case I felt I needed to defend myself.

I don't see that you needed to. I'd already decided it's more worthwhile to try and educate you than ban you.

[o: *LEMMING* :o]

Messages In This Thread
No Multiplayer: HELP! - by Reckoning - 01-02-2004, 08:22 PM
No Multiplayer: HELP! - by Nystul - 01-03-2004, 12:09 AM
No Multiplayer: HELP! - by Reckoning - 01-03-2004, 01:11 AM
No Multiplayer: HELP! - by Attika - 01-03-2004, 04:42 AM
No Multiplayer: HELP! - by Reckoning - 01-03-2004, 06:30 AM
No Multiplayer: HELP! - by Nastie_Bowie - 01-03-2004, 08:18 PM
No Multiplayer: HELP! - by LemmingofGlory - 01-03-2004, 11:26 PM
No Multiplayer: HELP! - by Reckoning - 01-04-2004, 06:28 AM
No Multiplayer: HELP! - by LemmingofGlory - 01-04-2004, 08:40 AM