Diablo II "LoD" CLASSIC STYLE MOD for v1.10
Thanks for adding the superuniques back into the game. I entered the Inner Cloister recently and found myself being peppered with missiles from Flamespike's pack. Thanks also for not spawning him right on top of the waypoint. ;) I'm enjoying the other superuniques as I find them.

The damage reduction is a great help. I love playing sorceresses and amazons, both of which usually don't have mega hitpoints, so those one-hit wonders Blizzard loves to inflict upon us truly were a pain in the neck. (No, I'm not good enough to not get hit.)

While playing with your cube mod, I noticed that the game engine hiccups a lot when making uniques. It seems that if you've already made a certain unique in that game, or, in the case of rings and amulets, you've made a certain number of uniques, the game will start randomly chugging out rares instead of uniques. Although you can still get uniques with this formula, once the rares start showing up, you can expect them about 50% of the time. This problem also occurs if re-rolling unique items, say to get a different ring or improved stats on that armor; once the rare shows up, all you get is rares on your re-rolls. So far, none of these problems occur when working with set items. I'm guessing the game's code for unique items has a few glitches in it, possibly tied to the old one-unique-item-type-per-game-session rule. At any rate, unique creation can be refreshed for a time by leaving the game and starting another one.

As an aside, in my own personal modding, I changed the sound environment for the Monastery Gate to that of the Tamoe Highland. I got tired of hearing interior sounds while still standing in the wilderness outside the gate. LEVELS.TXT contains the pertinant info.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Diablo II "LoD" CLASSIC STYLE MOD for v1.10 - by davidj8580 - 08-21-2014, 08:02 PM
Diablo II "LoD" CLASSIC STYLE MOD for v1.10 - by HoBoS - 04-25-2004, 06:17 PM
Diablo II "LoD" CLASSIC STYLE MOD for v1.10 - by Chaos Itself - 05-18-2004, 11:49 PM
Diablo II "LoD" CLASSIC STYLE MOD for v1.10 - by Smoketest - 07-10-2004, 05:56 PM
Diablo II "LoD" CLASSIC STYLE MOD for v1.10 - by ForeStorm - 07-19-2004, 07:53 PM
Diablo II "LoD" CLASSIC STYLE MOD for v1.10 - by CasmirRadon - 07-28-2004, 12:31 AM
Diablo II "LoD" CLASSIC STYLE MOD for v1.10 - by Starstasis - 02-18-2005, 08:55 AM
Diablo II "LoD" CLASSIC STYLE MOD for v1.10 - by Loki076 - 02-26-2005, 06:11 PM
Diablo II "LoD" CLASSIC STYLE MOD for v1.10 - by Lolepops - 06-27-2007, 02:21 PM