How does this assasain build sound?
Blue Eagle,Jun 14 2004, 11:26 PM Wrote:20 Tiger Strike
20 Dragon Claw
20 Claw Mastery
20 Shadow Master
10 Burst of Speed
10 Weapon Block
1 in Dragon Talon, Cobra Strike, Psychic Hammer, Cloak of Shadows, Fade, Shadow Warrior,
and Mind Blast.

Sound like something that can make it through Hell?
Its seems like the TS charged DC combined with CM would REALLY hurt.
And the shadow Masters Traps would Kill Phys Immunes.
Sorry, I don't have time for the long, fluffy explanations but here goes:

-I think it's counterproductive to plan a build around that many skill points. I try to plan around 95 points at the most.

-TS and DC are a waste together. Individually they're great--so choose one or the other to max.

-You can get by with less points in SM, BoS, and WB. I aim for level 18 for the SM after +skills if I'm scratching for points. You want no more BoS than will get you to your max attack speed after +skills and accounting for IAS. I usually aim for level 10 WB after +skills. CM might also be a good place to shave some points, if you're not totally bent on max phys damage.

-As has been pointed out already, relying on a SM's Death Sentrys for PIs is a mistake. I would take some of those skill points and put them into one or more of the following: Death Sentry, Venom (this should get at least 1 point, almost regardless of whatever else you do), CoT, BoI, or PS. The first two are useful with minimal investment; not so with the last three. Alternatives would include relying on your merc and/or equipment to deal with PIs.

-A ranged option is a necessity if you plan on any solo play. BF is often a good choice for this.

I hope that's helpful.

Messages In This Thread
How does this assasain build sound? - by Caaroid - 06-15-2004, 08:56 AM
How does this assasain build sound? - by Caaroid - 06-15-2004, 10:16 AM
How does this assasain build sound? - by lfd - 06-15-2004, 01:52 PM
How does this assasain build sound? - by bigeyedbug - 06-15-2004, 06:04 PM