Fire cross bug
As most people already know, if place your character in the flames coming from a fire cross, you take damage over time. If you happen to die to the flames, and then restart in town, you will see your corpse at the starting place in town. Do not attempt this alone if you want to retrieve something you left on the floor since you are practically immobilized for the duration of the game. This in no way leads to permanent death as you will be fine rejoining the same game or entering a new game.

You can still use belt potions and spells, and if you try healing or resurrecting your own character, your corpse disappears. In a coop game some time ago, I tried either healing or resurrecting a friend's corpse that resulted from this bug. Either spell resulted in his game crashing, though I can't confirm if it always happens since i have only tried this once.

Let me know if anyone already knows about this bug. I have not been able to find any mention of this on the internet.

Edit: Best not to have anything equipped since you wont be able to retrieve it unless someone else is in the game that you trust. No wonder why I told my friend to unequip those rare items back then. Thanks for the reminder weakwarrior

Messages In This Thread
Fire cross bug - by maht1 - 04-26-2009, 09:03 AM
Fire cross bug - by weakwarrior - 04-26-2009, 10:54 AM
Fire cross bug - by LemmingofGlory - 04-26-2009, 02:52 PM
Fire cross bug - by maht1 - 04-27-2009, 04:50 AM
Fire cross bug - by Jarulf - 04-27-2009, 06:49 AM
Fire cross bug - by Alamara - 04-27-2009, 06:29 PM