PvM: stun vs monster block (long)
acceleration turkey,Sep 5 2004, 08:07 AM Wrote:it seems to me that monsters who have been stunned by warcry die faster than those who i do not bother to warcry.
(First off, congrats on your first post, or "de-lurk" :) )

A suggestion:

Since you have no trouble doing simple mods and tests, how about this to clarify the effect simply and give Lurkers something concrete as a starting point?...

mod warcry to do insignificant damage (e.g. 1 HP) but to have extremely long stun duration.

Then a sample variety of monsters can be "visited" (perhaps typically with weenie weapons--ideal are those with a one point damage range from min to max) to gather some data about kill rates (#hits attempted/landed etc.) with and without Stun.

(I would also suggest using Concentrate as an attack, to reduce the possibility that because stunned monsters never interrupt you they are easier kills--similarly you should not have block and should have enough HPs that the monsters don't put you into HR).

Starting from this data (i.e. you would report it here) should make it easier to reproduce your results and aid some of us in exploring this issue with you.

Without something like that I don't see how we can a priori rule out speculations like: "maybe Stun/HR temporarily stops monster regen?" etc. etc., all of which is pretty thin guesswork without data to fit.

I'm looking forward to hearing more about this and hope you have fun uncovering your mystery.
"He's got demons? Cool!" -- Gonzo, Muppet Treasure Island

"Proto-matter... an unstable substance which every ethical scientist in the galaxy has denounced as dangerously unpredictable." -- Saavik, Star Trek III

"Mom! Dad! It's evil! Don't touch it!" -- Kevin, Time Bandits

Messages In This Thread
PvM: stun vs monster block (long) - by Crystalion - 09-05-2004, 08:19 AM
PvM: stun vs monster block (long) - by Obi2Kenobi - 09-05-2004, 04:59 PM
PvM: stun vs monster block (long) - by Baajikiil - 09-20-2004, 08:17 AM