Price and qlvl cap changes
Thecla,Feb 8 2005, 10:32 AM Wrote:There were quite a few claims at the time that  the original version of Diablo dropped items that could not be obtained in later patches -- all with absolutely zero substantiation. I defer to Jarulf on the code reading, and everything else, but at one time I reinstalled the original version of Diablo and went on a ridiculous number of Sir Gorash runs to see if he could drop GPOWs or anything else, with no success. If you have an original disk, you can check this, and the vendor inventories, yourself. IMO, it is certain that there were no changes in the drop rules, and the orginal version generated exactly the same items as the later versions, with the same limits on the dungeon drop/Griswold qlvls and Wirt's price cap.
[right][snapback]67530[/snapback][/right]

Yes, when reading this post my memory actually cleared a bit and I remember the debate, and also that I specifically looked at 1.00 to see if there were any differences in item generation to allow such items considered "not possible" and it turned out as you said, 1.00 used the exact same mechanism, caps and so on for item generation.
There are three types of people in the world. Those who can count and those who can't.

Messages In This Thread
Price and qlvl cap changes - by Yogi_Baar - 02-07-2005, 10:39 AM
Price and qlvl cap changes - by Jarulf - 02-07-2005, 10:43 PM
Price and qlvl cap changes - by Thecla - 02-08-2005, 09:32 AM
Price and qlvl cap changes - by Jarulf - 02-08-2005, 07:56 PM