It is hard to get to level 50.
So, to the mild chagrin of my guild on Gorefiend, I have actually stuck to one character long enough to get to what one might refer to as the late game. At level 47, my mage, Lomin, is still the lowest level 'main' in the guild, excepting a new recruit the majority of us knew from a NWN server, and the warlock I play with, who would still be just ahead of me if he would actually log on every once in a while.

This is horde side, I should add. And on a pvp server.

Round about level 44, I ran out of quests. I'd already finished most of the equal level quests in Stranglethorn Vale, Badlands, Desolace, Hinterlands, Arathi, Alterac, and Feralas. I tried going to Tanaris, to take care of all of the quests I found there when I went for ZF, but it's nearly impossible to get anything done there. So much ganking. I've actually participated in several small raids pushing groups of especially anus-tacular alliance away from camping the horde Gagdetzan flight path, and could never really get away from the legions of night elves thronging the area.

After Zul'Farrak, and finishing off a few quests I'd missed, I was most of the way through level 46... and then I had very close to nothing. Nobody I knew could tell me anywhere else to go. Sooo... I was stuck AoE-grinding. Ain't mages fun? The Woodpaw Gnolls in Feralas, in fact. Running from camp to camp all willy-nilly. Slap down a flamestrike, frost nova and back off, another flamestrike, and all over the Arcane Explosion. ... which is kinda beside the point.

Anyway... I'm kinda stuck. I'm accumulating piles and piles of quests that I could do easily for good experience if I just happened to be +2 on the level scale... but I'm not, and I don't have much to do to get there. Other than Zul'Farrak Run Mark II XL which is going to take place tomorrow (today?).

I don't know about the alliance side, seeing as I haven't played an alliance character past 18, but most everyone I've talked to horde-side agrees that the span from level 45 to 50 is one of the biggest stumbling blocks for hitting 60, because of the lack of content of that level. (Which is why I would be glad that there's a pair of new towns with quests of that level in the next patch, except that Blizzard's taking its time in releasing it.)

So, has anyone had problems with this before? Anyone dreading the late-fourties span? How'd you deal with it, if you managed to?

(On a much happier, nerdier and completely off topic side note, the first episode of the anime series Fooly Cooly just played behind me while I typed this up, and Naota's English voice actor is the same as the one for Laharl in Disgaea: Hour of Darkness. Which is AWESOME. ... yeah.)

Messages In This Thread
It is hard to get to level 50. - by Bob the Beholder - 05-29-2005, 08:27 AM
It is hard to get to level 50. - by Drasca - 05-29-2005, 11:59 AM
It is hard to get to level 50. - by MongoJerry - 05-29-2005, 01:14 PM
It is hard to get to level 50. - by mjdoom - 05-29-2005, 01:36 PM
It is hard to get to level 50. - by russ - 05-29-2005, 01:41 PM
It is hard to get to level 50. - by Raelynn - 05-29-2005, 02:33 PM
It is hard to get to level 50. - by Zippyy - 05-29-2005, 02:35 PM
It is hard to get to level 50. - by Artega - 05-29-2005, 05:02 PM
It is hard to get to level 50. - by LavCat - 05-29-2005, 06:05 PM
It is hard to get to level 50. - by MongoJerry - 05-29-2005, 07:34 PM