Silithus
Day one of 1.8, I started working on my reputation with the Cenarion Circle. As a Druid who sought out any CC faction quests, I already had a head start, then through questing and killing mobs, I found out a few things to help out anyone looking to work up their reputation.

Mobs
Twilight's Hammer Cultists: 1 rep per kill. Good for rep until halfway through Friendly to Honored (3000/6000).
Twilight Keepers: Found at the two northwest camps, and the far southwest camp. These are always worth 1 rep per kill, regardless of faction.
Abyssal Templars: Summoned from lesser windstones. 5 rep per kill.
Abyssal Dukes: Summoned from windstones. 10 rep per kill.

Repeatable Faction Turnins
Encrypted Twilight Texts: 10 texts = 100 rep. Always available.
Abyssal Crests: Dropped by Abyssal Templars. 3 crests = 25 rep and a spoils bag. Available at Friendly. Rumor has it you can get blue items in the spoils bag.
Abyssal Signets: Dropped by Abyssal Dukes. 3 signets = 25 rep and a spoils bag. Available at Honored. Rumor has it you can get epic items from the spoils bag.

As you can see, the most efficient way to increase faction is to turn in the texts. The crest and signet turnins are, as far as I've seen, a waste. Those three crests you turn in would be better off turned into a medallion of station and used to summon a duke, as they have some good blue item drops. What I've yet to discover is the use of the signets. I assume they are part of the next step of summons, two raid bosses that drop some good jewelry. Rumor has it 3 signets are turned in at Cenarion Hold in order to obtain a ring. Wear the ring along with the medallion and Trappings and you can summon one of them.

Current Confirmed Summons(only listing those I've done personally)
Abyssal Templar: Don the completed Twilight Trappings set and use a Lesser Windstone. Immediately re-equip your normal gear, as the trappings will be destsroyed and you have a good five seconds out of combat to get ready. Then defeat the Templar for an Abyssal Crest. Some classes can solo these by kiting them around or using a pet/minion to tank. Others would do well to find one or two more people to lend a hand. The most dangerous templar is the fire one, which does a flame buffet increasing fire damage by 1000. He can stack this debuff, so after a few shots your damage taken is increased by 3000 and it's game over. Dispel this as soon as possible. These will drop a green "Abyssal" item of random stats, some of which rival blue set items.
Abyssal Duke: Turn in 3 Abyssal Crests and a Large Brilliant Shard in Cenarion Hold and you will receive a Medallion of Station. Wear this Medallion along with the Twilight Trappings and use a Windstone. I'd recommend a party of five for these, as the Dukes are 62 elites. The Dukes drop an Abyssal Signet upon death, as well as a blue "Abyssal" item with random stats.

Now, something of note that I've come across are the scrolls from Ortell that can be used to create a crest, signet, or scepter or beckoning. These are all specific to an element. So you might get a scroll that allows you to make a "Scepter of Beckoning: Thunder". I'm not entirely sure as to their use. When I use a normal Wind Stone right now, I get the option to call upon the Duke of Shards specifically, since I have his signet. I've yet to use the item yet, and assume it's a one-time use. So this may allow you to summon a specific enemy rather than the random 1/4 chance as part of a later quest.

More info to come as I reach Revered (which should be in a few days). I've got a handful of people gathering texts and mailing them my way to work rep up, both for the summoning of the raid bosses and to allow access to the Cenarion faction leatherworking patterns. We'll see what happens at that point. Feel free to add any info you have on the new content.
See you in Town,
-Z

Messages In This Thread
Silithus - by Zarathustra - 10-16-2005, 10:34 PM
Silithus - by WildFire - 10-17-2005, 02:00 AM
Silithus - by Zarathustra - 10-17-2005, 05:27 AM
Silithus - by Fin - 10-17-2005, 01:59 PM
Silithus - by Zarathustra - 10-20-2005, 01:45 PM
Silithus - by oldmandennis - 10-20-2005, 05:15 PM
Silithus - by Zarathustra - 10-20-2005, 08:37 PM
Silithus - by Warlock - 10-24-2005, 02:16 AM
Silithus - by oldmandennis - 10-24-2005, 06:01 PM