Frostdin
Greetings and Salutations evmeatwad22,

The usual way that one would build a frostdin is to max holy freeze and its accompanying synergies in order to maximize cold damage. But may I suggest a more unconventional approach, why not try making a Durieldin instead. Given its namesake, you could already guess that a Durieldin would have something to do with Duriel and you would be absolutely right.

Why Duriel, well, when I was playing with a friend a long time ago who had substantial troubles with Duriel, he asked me about him, so I said, simply think of Duriel as the embodiment of the biggest and baddest paladin you have ever seen. How is Duriel the biggest and baddest paladin you might ask. Well nearly all of Duriel's skills are based on a paladin, namely - holy freeze, smite, and charge; with one exception jab.

So keeping this in mind I thought why not really make a paladin that is like the badass that Duriel is and see just how well it works. I did and the results were quite satisfying.

I started a paladin that had a major in holy freeze for its unfair slowdown and range but not for its damage. Since cold is the least potent of the three holy elements. Then choose to specialize in smite for its stun length and then charge for its outrageous damage. As for jab, zeal could justifiably be a suitable substitute.

Your specialty here would be like Duriels one hit kills with your physical not cold damage. For a weapon, choose one with as big a damage as you could find, speed is unimportant, but keep the range to a minimum. A massive maul would be ideal. But you ask how could you use a maul while wearing a shield, I say weapon switches. First stun them, and their recovery rate is so slow its like watching instant replay. Then switch to your big hamma and lay the smackdown on top of 'em heads. Or you could just slice and dice them with your zeal.

In hell, no amount of skillz alone will let you owned", neither this build nor any other build is likely to do that unless you first owned some mad 3lite gearz.

Any half decent player can get thru normal and nightmare with the tree based skills alone, but be sure to have lots of decent equipment before venturing forth into hell, this is especially important since this paladin is very dependent on items for its killing and survival.
No matter how skilled someone is today, at some point they were really bad. Even Mozart was a poor musician at age 1. --Steve Pavlina

A word becomes the property of anyone who uses it. --Earl Prevette

Messages In This Thread
Frostdin - by evmeatwad22 - 11-12-2006, 06:55 PM
Frostdin - by Hammerskjold - 11-13-2006, 07:18 AM
Frostdin - by Dirsch - 11-23-2006, 09:40 AM
Frostdin - by Zingydex - 11-24-2006, 09:55 PM
Frostdin - by Assur - 11-25-2006, 02:17 AM
Frostdin - by Nerobellum - 08-01-2007, 02:07 PM
Frostdin - by Hammerskjold - 08-01-2007, 08:34 PM
Frostdin - by Chaerophon - 09-06-2008, 02:29 AM
Frostdin - by Archon_Wing - 09-06-2008, 04:26 AM
Frostdin - by Chaerophon - 09-06-2008, 09:14 AM