Diablo [PaiN] Variant! - no healing, Team variant
Thanks for posting, both.

I agree with you both..a variant can be a gateway to shaping the identity of the already known characters to the direction in which the creator of the variant has set his mind. True, but I didn't think about it that way when I created this one...

I just enjoyed playing Ironman with skilled players, and heal-other was a very useful/challenging/rewarding and not to forget mentioning - interesting aspect of our gameplay! The spirit of this variant is not to be selfish (maybe not the right word here, can't think of a better one), but to look after your friends because you're friends is all you got down there, since even the best of items aren't going to assure you survival. Of course, there is often competition between you and your friends, but what I like in [PaiN], is that this competition takes a SECONDARY position, after you healing your friend and him healing you. It's related with trust, skill and simply a different way of thinking through/planning tactics in the depths of hell.

That's pretty much why I started the variat, I didn't think of a backstory, because there is none..I just said to a couple of friends hey let's try it, and let the story write itself! I've been playing with Demi[PaiN] since clvl 1 I think, and we're both clvl 30 and clvl 32 now (which is a lot in PaiN). If I were to write all of the interesting situations we've had...my fingers would go numb! Starting from the spitboss actions...to the heal-other OVER a wall in case we get separated...to all those wonderful item drops in the case of biggest desperation and perhaps frustration due to our death and loss of all items in a previous game...

It's an adventure where you're playing as a true team..that's pretty much it. Since you enjoy simplicity in terms of rules, maybe that's the right sentence for you, Sekel hehe.

Oh and Sekel, It is a funny and good variant, I KNOW it;)
Inspiration is the key.

Messages In This Thread
Diablo [PaiN] Variant! - no healing, Team variant - by Hariel - 04-24-2007, 07:05 AM