+Hit and +Spell Hit for PvP?
I've been doing better than I thought in BG's with my enh/resto build (you can follow the sig to my armory profile). The spec (which actually needs some tweaks due to a misclick and just one bad idea) was set-up so that I could be very strong 5 man DPS and so that in my healing gear I would be fine healing 5 mans as well. It works for both of those. Nature's swiftness has a lot of very nice uses. If I wanted more PvP focus improved ghost wolf for sure, but on a PvE server and with a PvE focus'd spec it's mostly not needed at all.

But what I've noticed in BG's (and even in the 3v3 arena some) is that I can wear mostly melee DPS gear with the exception of caster shoulders and a caster weapon/shield (weapon swaps are so easy to do). I wear caster shoulders to give a false visual impression since the shoulders are the most obvious indicator of what gear the person is in and because for my shoulder choices, my melee DPS ones that I have right now are leather so I the extra armor of the caster ones helps.

But I tend to heal my team mates until I'm LoM then I go back to DW (you pre apply WF to the slow MH and frost brand to the fast offhand) and smash folks. 80% of my damage is mana free since it's autoattack and windfury procs. So healing till I'm OOM with a healing shield and healing weapon on then providing DPS helps a lot. In many BG's I'll be top 5 for healing done, but I'll also end up in the top 10 for damage done. This is combined stats, not just my faction. I can still run flags if needed as well (nature swiftness ghost wolf with this spec). My healing isn't uber since I'll only have about +400 healing mainly from the weapon and shield, but in AB, WSG, or EotS ANY healing can mean your side wins the skirmish and while a 1300 lesser healing wave non crit isn't huge it can certainly be enough.

Rogues tend to not know what to do when I survive their initial stunlock (because I have the shield on and over 9K armor) and NS heal myself then go DW and smash a few 1300 WF proc crits in their face. It's quite fun. NS chain lightning can be a lot of fun as well at times as I'm wading into battle LoM or OOM and expecting to die but buying time so burning the NS cooldown doesn't matter as a good minute of it will be back from the time it took me to die, the rez pulse to go off and then me getting back to the action, it not more.

On the arena team I provide enough healing punch to keep the priest up if they get focused first while the warrior puts out the damage. If the warrior gets focused first (I don't know why they do that, but they do sometimes) the priest can keep him up while I dish out damage. And Nature's Swiftness is HUGE value for saving someone from trinket power bursts.

I could pack more punch with some elemental talents, but really it's much harder for me to do damage as elemental and while the gear makes the heals bigger and the mana pool a bit bigger as well, I have to burn more of that mana to do real damage, since enh can do a lot of damage without mana, pretty much all my mana can go to healing and I can still put out the DPS.

I don't think my spec follows conventional wisdom for shaman PvP, but I think I've made it work quite well and if I get some more PvP gear to help back it up, I think it will just get better.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.

Messages In This Thread
+Hit and +Spell Hit for PvP? - by LavCat - 07-15-2007, 07:30 PM
+Hit and +Spell Hit for PvP? - by Taelas - 07-16-2007, 02:02 AM
+Hit and +Spell Hit for PvP? - by Legedi - 07-16-2007, 02:13 PM
+Hit and +Spell Hit for PvP? - by TheDragoon - 07-16-2007, 02:29 PM
+Hit and +Spell Hit for PvP? - by Delc - 07-16-2007, 04:46 PM
+Hit and +Spell Hit for PvP? - by Xame - 07-16-2007, 05:52 PM
+Hit and +Spell Hit for PvP? - by Taelas - 07-16-2007, 06:06 PM
+Hit and +Spell Hit for PvP? - by Watto44 - 07-17-2007, 01:18 AM
+Hit and +Spell Hit for PvP? - by LavCat - 07-17-2007, 10:58 PM
+Hit and +Spell Hit for PvP? - by oldmandennis - 07-18-2007, 12:04 AM
+Hit and +Spell Hit for PvP? - by Kevin - 07-18-2007, 01:02 AM