Question(s) about SP and/or solo play
Quote:I didn't know if the Armory or the uh, other strategy forum were appropriate places for these questions, so I thought I'd just ask them here.

I have sometimes had my notebook and my LOD disk and not had net access, so I've started a couple SP characters.

First question -- In Classic D, you could pick, say, LAN Multiplayer character and you'd have a character that could possibly someday interact with the outer world. I didn't find a way to do that with D2.

So the characters I've created (only 2) so far are "Single Player" characters.

Second question -- Is there any way for items found by a Single Player to be given to other characters?? I'm a big packrat when it comes to items and my characters typically share items by default... so frequently I'll find an item that, for example, "would be great for a one-eyed reverse necromancer" but was found by a barefisted barbarian. (1st class is fictional, 2nd is not) I hate to toss this stuff, but AFAIK I can't xfer them, so they'll have to go, right??

-V

I was in a similar situation for a while. I found PlugY to do the trick (you can find it or ATMA at the Phrozen Keep).

PlugY adds a 'shared' stash that any character can access in game. But be aware, by default PlugY adds other features like ladder-only rune words and allows you to redistribute skill/attribute points. The latest version allows you to disable these 'extra' features if they are not to your liking. PlugY remains separate as well, creating a separate executable Diablo.exe. This allows you to run D2 without uninstalling or losing/deleting your PlugY stash. All in all, the seamless integration and the shared stash make it worth you time to check out.

Cheers,

Munk

Messages In This Thread
Question(s) about SP and/or solo play - by Munkay - 12-23-2007, 03:41 PM
Question(s) about SP and/or solo play - by T-hawk - 12-23-2007, 10:25 PM
Question(s) about SP and/or solo play - by eppie - 01-02-2008, 01:05 PM
Question(s) about SP and/or solo play - by Taem - 01-07-2008, 06:27 PM
Question(s) about SP and/or solo play - by Taem - 03-28-2008, 05:00 AM