Righteous Fire. - How to build?
Well, I've been working on the spec, and I've come to the realization, that at some point, I'm going to have to go all in on Righteous Fire. And by all in, I mean, I'm going to have to devote the entirety of the build to Righteous Fire. I spoke with MonTy last night for a bit, and he reaffirmed a few of the things that I have been thinking privately, but not saying publicly about where I needed to get to. With that in mind, I have a new build plan.

This It's pretty much option B, but it's changing up a few things, to make sure that I'm going "all in" so to speak on Righteous Fire. I'm removing some of the damage from the witch portion of the tree, to ensure that I can get to the "real" damage of the build, as well as making sure that I can live. The cost to switch this build build is a little high for me, it will take 11 regrets to get the build sorted in a fashion that will allow me to be here at the level 73 mark.

Now, with this build, I have 7.8% LRS passively, without any Endurance Charges, and without Vitality running. That's not too shabby. With Vitality running, Even at the level it is currently at, I will regenerate an additional 1.47% based on the Aura nodes affecting my currently Vitality Gem, bringing me to a total of 9.27% LRS, again without endurance charges. At 93 points into the build, I will be in the low 70's. I am predicting 73, based on my current build point totals of my witch and level 70 scion. Without wearing the Unique rings, I'll be at 6 endurance charges. I'll be at 7 endurance charges once I hit 78, but that's a long way from 73.

The other nice thing about this build, is the Life % That I'll be able to sport. After factoring in the 2% per 10 str, I'll be sitting just north of 200% increased life. That seems a little low, But keep in mind that I plan on having life draped over every slot of gear Save the shield, since the Unique Shield is really "required" for this build, and it does not sport life.

There are still a couple of things that I'm looking for clarification on post 1.02 and the functional changes to Damage Over Time that were implemented. Because Of the Immolating nature of Righteous Fire changing so that I don't "burn myself" for more with the damage increase modifiers, I've taken more burning damage modifiers in this build. I'm still unsure if the Elemental damage nodes will affect this, but I'm working out the kinks on that. This is doubly important since I need to plan my flasks in such a way that I will stay alive.

With that in mind, I have decided a few other things.

1.) Koam's Sign is not good enough to warrant a spot in the equipment. There is just too little life on the ring to warrant taking it in a slot that I can get 100 Life on.
2.) Hrimnor's Resolve, while awesome, is not something that I will be running, at least not in a "progression" type gear set. Though, it would make for a very interesting farming / IIR set.
3.) Lifesprig, is a must. I will be looking for one.
4.) Carcass Jack, is a rather interesting / entertaining option for a chest, as is Belly of the Beast. Even with my "not optimized" gear that I'm currently leveling in, a 30% Modifier on a Belly of the Beast is worth 125 Life on a Chest, something that I just can't match on a chest. Either of these chests would be a fantastic piece. I'd say as far as "best in slot" for this build goes, it would be the following.
a) New Koam's
b) Bell of the Beast
c) Carcass Jack
e) Stunningly rolled Astral plate
f) Stunningly rolled Occultist's vestments
d) Old Koam's

5.) At higher level maps, as in.... 70+, I'm going to struggle. The DPS requirements at that point get rather high, and I'm unsure if this build will be able to burn things fast enough, while staying mobile enough, unless I'm able to get into a Koam's. See how a lot of things in this come back to high priced uniques?

All in all, I'm pretty happy with the progress that I've made on the build. I have a level 90 version of the build stashed away. I'm not willing to look that far into the future on the build, as RF seems to be a skill that is under the microscope by GGG, and I'm not going to plan too far into the future on a character that could be rendered useless by a patch change. Because, when it's all said and done, this build will be Righteous Fire, Probably with fire raining from the heavens.

I assume my "OK, I'm ready for Righteous Fire to be my damage" build will look something like this:

Auras: Vitality, Purity of Fire (middle click)
Right Click: Arctic Armour
Q: Enduring Cry
W: Firestorm (Iron Will -> Fire Pen -> Life Leech)
E: Righteous Fire (Increased Area of Effect -> Fire Pen... This is a possibility, I need to do some testing to ensure that the support works like the DoT change)
R: Flammability
T: Normally Reserved for Movement.
I'll probably also run a CWDT Gem that I level up pretty high that has an Immortal Call + Increased DUration Linked, and another CWDT Gem that runs Temp Chains.

As far as Flasks, At this point, I'm going to try and roll Ample + ? on 2x Ruby Flasks, And then from there, I'll probably sport 2x Life Flasks, and 1X Hybrid Flask.

Anyway, sorry for the long post, but I figured it would be easier if I just went ahead, and updated the current state of the build in one fail swoop.
nobody ever slaughtered an entire school with a smart phone and a twitter account – they have, however, toppled governments. - Jim Wright

Messages In This Thread
Righteous Fire. - How to build? - by shoju - 11-08-2013, 06:44 PM
RE: Righteous Fire. - How to build? - by MonTy - 11-09-2013, 03:45 AM
RE: Righteous Fire. - How to build? - by Frag - 11-09-2013, 02:26 PM
RE: Righteous Fire. - How to build? - by shoju - 11-25-2013, 08:05 PM
RE: Righteous Fire. - How to build? - by shoju - 12-03-2013, 03:47 PM
RE: Righteous Fire. - How to build? - by shoju - 12-04-2013, 06:47 PM
RE: Righteous Fire. - How to build? - by shoju - 12-06-2013, 03:25 PM
RE: Righteous Fire. - How to build? - by whyBish - 03-01-2014, 05:20 AM
RE: Righteous Fire. - How to build? - by whyBish - 06-21-2014, 11:31 PM