Elective Mode should be the default! (General UI discussion)
(07-13-2012, 09:24 PM)Mavfin Wrote:
(07-13-2012, 08:42 PM)Archon_Wing Wrote: I would go far as to say that this has been a hindrance to everyone I've talked to, regardless of skill level or familiarity with the game.

I guess if you never looked at the options first thing when you start a game that might be the case, but, imo, if you didn't, you have only yourself to blame.

I don't think it's a big deal. If you're advanced enough to really take advantage of it, you should be advanced enough to find the options menu and experiment.

Well, maybe if the manual was helpful, but wait, it doesn't tell you anything! How would new users even know what elective mode would indicate without fearing it'd break something, especially when it's buried under these options? I'd say it'd be better off if the tooltip was the option.

I don't think wanting certain skills together is "advanced" in any degree.

It isn't a big deal, but it doesn't change the fact that a lot of newer players who aren't familiar with the game at all simply aren't helped enough to know it exists. Plus it's making the game harder for them. Which is my point. Non-elective mode does more harm than help.
With great power comes the great need to blame other people.
Guild Wars 2: (ArchonWing.9480) 
Battle.net (ArchonWing.1480)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Elective Mode should be the default! (General UI discussion) - by Archon_Wing - 07-13-2012, 10:03 PM