Basic Math - The Failure of Diablo Melee
I would also like to point out that the game seems so much easier solo. I tried to finish hell act 2 in solo and not even a single potion was needed against Belial. Everything else crumbled easily. My thinking is that the damage and extra health in multiplayer games for monsters just doesn't scale well enough and is too much for many characters to survive. In this case, it might be that multiplayer scaling is broken and doesn't offer the rewards to keep up with it-- I mean the bonus exp is moot after 60.

I never noticed this because I played exclusively public games since level 1 practically and most monsters just seemed like a brick wall even with all 4 of us beating on it. The lack of followers to compensate isn't very helpful either.

It is true that I AH'd 150k-200k worth of stuff over the levels (this points to item drops being broken). I did not seriously look for deals other than "this looks really shiny" so I wouldn't be surprised if bargain bin hunters found it for less than 1/2. I wasted the rest of my gold on buying novelties. Honestly by hell this amount is fairly trivial. And my weapon is merely just some 5k bargain bin stuff-- I barely break 4k dps. 45k health goes a long way though.
With great power comes the great need to blame other people.
Guild Wars 2: (ArchonWing.9480) 
Battle.net (ArchonWing.1480)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Basic Math - The Failure of Diablo Melee - by Archon_Wing - 06-02-2012, 10:50 AM