Basic Math - The Failure of Diablo Melee
(05-31-2012, 04:52 AM)Sirian Wrote: I rejected one skill.

Melee may seem to you like a "very limited" build, but it was one third of the game in the original iteration of this franchise. That's the game I enjoyed more, by far, and I believe it is perfectly fair game to desire more of that type of experience from the franchise.
- Sirian

I think my issue with this is more a semantic one. You go to this word "melee" and the Monk and Barbarian are the designated "melee" classes in this game. But your definition of "melee" is much more limited than the definition that the game inherantly uses. Your definition is much more limited than the scope of the characters overall. Now, Blizzard does offer options for a player with your defintions to succeed. How the skill "feels" is completely dependent on the user. How the skill "feels" also has no relation on if it is effective. People have stated in this thread that it is, in fact, effective. Thus (at least into Inferno where things break down for many classes) the math seems fine.

My second thought when reading your posts is that you are taking a very MMO/WoW group mentality to playing Diablo. You seem to come into your group play with the idea that you will be the tank and that you will hold aggro and take the hits while your partners Dps things down. In WoW if a player wanted to play that roll they had to spec for it. Not to use too many metaphors but you wouldn't see fury Warriors complaining that they couldn't tank as effectively as a protection Warrior.

It's also not simply an issue of the skills you use as you are playing in a group. Your effectiveness is also highly dependent on the skills your partners are using and if they aren't using support skills that are benefiting your playstyle that is going to be highly detrimental.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Basic Math - The Failure of Diablo Melee - by Chesspiece_face - 05-31-2012, 06:19 AM