Minion-based soloing builds are useless in Hell difficulty
(07-12-2012, 06:19 PM)Jaffa Tamarin Wrote: I just finished act 1 inferno with a very similar build, but I've gone more offensive with Sacrifice and Fetish Army instead of defensive skills. Also I have 14K DPS -- I'm amazed you made it so far with just 8K. And I have enough DEX for 20% dodge (dodge is much more useful than DR if the dogs are still getting one-shot killed after DR is applied). build link

Which follower are you using? I've gone with enchantress to support my offensive focus, and she has that handy 15% armor and slow buff.

My low DPS is mostly due to gear (or lack thereof). I sacrificed a lot of stats looking for gear with high +thorns and low buyout. To be fair, the 13k thorns damage doesn't add to your DPS listing but it does help. Its effect varies based on the type of mob wailing on your pets of course.

I'm running with the Templar for another meat shield, but considered looking into one of the other follower types. I'll check out the Enchantress next time I play the build, that 15% armor buff would be quite handy.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Minion-based soloing builds are useless in Hell difficulty - by RTM - 07-12-2012, 07:37 PM