Items influence skill choices
I'm not sure what the "normal" way to play the monk is, as I isolated myself from the game before release so it was all fresh, but from act 2 onward I've found the most comfortable setup for me has been two fast weapons, and this . Ive found that running around with the right mouse button held down works just as well as it did in D2, so thats my primary attack, with cyclone strike as a spirit dump (and interrupt for casters and big, slow swinging mobs), breath of heaven and mantra of evasion to keep myself from hitting that potion button, sweeping wind for good semi-passive damage, and tempest rush for when im impatient and just want to go through things, rather than fight, or need to get to a priority target asap. Also makes moving from one pack to the next nice and quick, as a full spirit ball is more than enough to travel with for a while.
I'd been running with deadly reach for the majority of act 1 and 2, but found that weapon speed makes a huge difference to spell attack speed (i know, who would have guessed...) and the aoe of crippling wave means i can be lazy and not have to constantly pick off stragglers attacking me from behind.

It wont be the best for later on, as i know ill need harder hitting attacks, but for the start of act 3, its plowing through them. 150 mob killing spree was fun Smile

Messages In This Thread
Items influence skill choices - by Treesh - 05-20-2012, 11:41 AM
RE: Items influence skill choices - by Slasher - 05-21-2012, 03:25 AM