Back to Rogue :) Anybody have an opinion about Snobs and Lightning Walls?
(08-15-2011, 03:51 PM)Galbraith Wrote: I didn't find a remedy for that, and probably there isn’t. If you got the same problem as I, change keyboard or be very careful and remember to hold off a shift and press it again before 20 seconds elapse.

#$&!!#… I'll have to go back to wire-bound ...thanks for the clarification.

(08-15-2011, 03:51 PM)Galbraith Wrote: damn, I need to check that Hellfire stuff someday!

Yep! You do.
Didn't even mention the best part yet: I found the new unique that replaced the Gladiator's Ring. I had to stop playing because I was laughing so hard. VERY appropriate...

(08-15-2011, 03:51 PM)Galbraith Wrote: I always though that too, are you 100% sure, it was normal?

Totally sure: I was about level 16-17 then and just replaying Normal/Cats because I didn't want to move on before I had learned Heal. (Still couldn't beg, steal, find or buy that book.. I’m 26 now, go figure...)
IIRC, in HF:Fixed the “dropability” of some uniques – rings especially, not that it did me any good so far – was modified. Maybe that's the reason?

(08-15-2011, 03:51 PM)Galbraith Wrote: Why it should do so? In vanilla D1 it won't then probably HF shall be no exception?

ok, I was unclear there: Not the rate my bow *can* fire, more like the rate *I* can fire:
What I usually do, if I have a secure position (choke point/door or just enough distance) is just fire into a mob until everything stops moving. Given enough damage, normally nothing, or at least not enough, breaks through to (ugh) hit me because they get stunned in my line of fire. If I hold the shift key, I stand my ground and don't accidentally move away from the position I want/need to hold AND I don't have to interrupt my rapid fire, because I can acquire a target while shooting. So my bow and rapid firing is also – sort of – my shield.
I'm just not sure what to replace that tactic with.
I'm ESPECIALLY not sure that not using the shift key won't lead to me running into even more mobs.

lg,
lyyn

EDIT:
“mob” is of course a relative term.
Outside of Church/Cats) my comfort zone is
3 BK (not near me)
or
3 Lava Maws (preferably very near me)
or
4 horned demons (not charging)
or
1 witch (I never realized how much magic HURTS without resists)
or
6 Overlords (they're slow...)
or
any conceivable number of anything behind a choke point/still offscreen

and -of course- 1 Diablo Wink

Messages In This Thread
RE: Back to Rogue :) Anybody have an opinion about Snobs and Lightning Walls? - by lyyn - 08-15-2011, 04:29 PM