Back to Rogue :) Anybody have an opinion about Snobs and Lightning Walls?
Hi Nystul,

(08-13-2011, 09:45 PM)Nystul Wrote: Just out of curiosity, how did you manage the strength and dexterity requirements for Eaglehorn with a new character?

I didn't...

I started out the way I described, which forced me to kick my way through the first church level. Perfectly doable but tedious...I finished that level, realized my mistake and started over with Royal Circlet as my first gift. This still meant I hat to kick my way though level 1 twice to get Eaglehorn + the necessary Str but it was fast and easy wearing the Royal Circlet.

(08-13-2011, 09:45 PM)Nystul Wrote: I think there was kind of an unofficial tradition amongst the elitists to get "birthday presents" that were more or less in line with the level of the character and the areas the character is in. For example, for the level 5 gift someone might only consider items that are close to or lower than qlvl 5, or items that can be found in normal/church. Perhaps they might choose a Thinking Cap or Constricting Ring, or Wisdom's Wrap, or the Cudgel.

There is? NOW you tell me! ooops... didn't know.
Well, half true, I read that in IronSnob Rules, but I thought since I'm not doing IM... Oh well, I guess that costs me the{SNOB} behind my name. I somehow feel defrocked Sad

(08-13-2011, 09:45 PM)Nystul Wrote: This way the game maintains more of a sense of challenge throughout.

I felt plenty challenged when I fell to Deathspit... TWICE... (still can't #%&$§# believe it). Problem was, I couldn't use the perfectly fine Coil Of The Dark I had found earlier to get my stuff back. I really don't understand why they are considered cursed, I always do a little jig when I find them.
That, btw, forced my hand on the Lightning Wall issue. It was all I had since I couldn't just pick up another bow and all other spells at my disposal were expressly forbidden.
I get that Fire Wall isn't possible because Flame Wave is “nobler” (feels pretentious, writing that) but there is no lightning based equivalent to Flame Wave, is there?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Back to Rogue :) Anybody have an opinion about Snobs and Lightning Walls? - by lyyn - 08-13-2011, 10:18 PM