So it appears D1 is being laid to rest
(06-06-2011, 05:02 AM)MachX Wrote: First Blizzard took it out of the battle chest (and didn't lower the price) and now it seems they no longer offer it as an electronic download, either. Or at least it's hard to find without registering and all that nonsense. Hey, blizz, how about making it freeware like EA did with the first two command and conquer games? Or I think Doom is freeware too for the modding community. It would be really cool if Blizz released it that way to celebrate the coming of D3.

Yeah, noticed that I couldn't even register my original copy of D1 on my battle.net account, made me realize it doesn't even have an original CD key, oh how times change.

I'd love to see continued support and recognition of D1 from the Blizzard community, but as long as communities like the lurker lounge and the various mod communities continue to exist, it isn't going anywhere, though I agree that it would be nice to see Blizzard support an open source or freeware approach, it may be irrelevant as Jarulfs guide, and other related modding tools already provide most of the information one would need to make a mod (with some programming knowledge of course)

-Kal

Messages In This Thread
So it appears D1 is being laid to rest - by MachX - 06-06-2011, 05:02 AM
RE: So it appears D1 is being laid to rest - by Kal - 02-12-2012, 07:20 PM