I did it!
So I got bored, I also got the flu... Enough free time, and enough losing to ITH duelers stopped the cycle of cookie cutter public dueling. I wanted something new, different, challenging and without the pressure to win every duel. Translation? I needed mortality. Henceforth, Wapptor the softcore becomes wapptor the hardcore.

WhiteWolf_WD was born and made a fun dash through the first few quests of act 1. My friend GoD-Paladin acompanied me through the romp along with a barbarian with a shady personality. To give him a fake but reasonable name, as to hide his true identity, we will call him PK-YouSoon. He was a most trustworthy and helpful friend. However level 9 saw his downfall as this trustworthy friend slaughtered GoD-Paladin. As I unsheathed my equally powerful (or not so powerful) sword and charged to meet my friend's murdered head on...Your deeds of valor will be remembered <_<

...So things didnt go quite as planned, first HC death already, but I decided to keep going. GreyWolf_WD, another paladin was born and still lives at lvl 13 in the beginnings of act 2. Hardcore is very rewarding, killing my first LEB was definitely much more gratifiying than if I had done it in SC. After a bit of play, I am trying to decide whether or not it would be worth it to make the full switch. I think that more time and experience should tell. However, I am fairly new to HC, I dont have much experience with how things are done (are builds different generally). I know that vitality is a big investment. Not having any items has also bothered me greatly...but i'm getting used to it. If you have a lot of experience, or just like hardcore, post here!

-Wapptor
"The optimist proclaims that we live in the best of all possible worlds; and the pessimist fears this is true."
-- James Branch Cabell

Messages In This Thread
I did it! - by Wapptor - 02-21-2003, 02:25 AM
I did it! - by Baajikiil - 02-21-2003, 04:07 PM
I did it! - by --Pete - 02-21-2003, 04:30 PM
I did it! - by Jeunemaitre - 02-21-2003, 06:08 PM
I did it! - by Occhidiangela - 02-21-2003, 06:12 PM
I did it! - by Baajikiil - 02-21-2003, 06:23 PM
I did it! - by Myself - 02-21-2003, 10:48 PM