Overflowing Golem Life
My necro was recently playing in a public Hell diff game, and he encountered the life overflow bug. It was a 5 player game in Hell diff, and he has lvl 27 in golem mastery.

As I understand it, this bug occurs when a minion's(or player's) life exceeds a certain value. The bar under their portrait extends across the whole screen, and they have effectively negative life. The next blow kills them, whether it's 1000 damage, or only 1. IIRC there is an interesting screenshot of this bug in the STSI archive.

I am wondering, does anyone know the values that cause this bug? 20k+ life? more? The skill screen lists my golem at over 6k hp, and with scaling from players, it could be quite high. I'm curious if I have destroyed my ability to have a golem in high player count games. Maybe I should have layed off the Golem mastery...

I do have a screenshot of the life bar extending across the screen, if it is necessary. I tried it with both iron and fire golem, both had the overflow.

EDIT: Ooops I see now that the STSI is about a different bug, perhaps related. It shows off the bug that occurred when using lifetap on phys immunes. I think that that one was fixed.
I have no idea about this negative Golem life bug... The bar across the screen looked the same though.

Messages In This Thread
Overflowing Golem Life - by Baajikiil - 02-27-2003, 08:49 PM
Overflowing Golem Life - by Elric of Grans - 02-27-2003, 09:40 PM
Overflowing Golem Life - by Baajikiil - 02-27-2003, 10:09 PM
Overflowing Golem Life - by Ruvanal - 02-27-2003, 10:15 PM
Overflowing Golem Life - by Baajikiil - 02-27-2003, 10:23 PM
Overflowing Golem Life - by Premezilla - 03-01-2003, 01:49 AM
Overflowing Golem Life - by Jarulf - 03-03-2003, 06:55 PM
Overflowing Golem Life - by Ruvanal - 03-06-2003, 02:01 AM