I cant take it anymore!
Like everyone here (i hope ;) ) I am a legit player, I would never even contain a hacked, bugged or duped item in my inventory, let alone use one. Yet I am also a duelist, and if anyone else duels then you know its a pain to be a godly legit dueler, however you also know that is fairly easy to get your @$$ handed to you in a public duel game. And the reason lies in hacked, bugged whatever you want to call them, duped items. But I hold myself back, since I value somethings more than just winning.

That aside, I was visiting good ol' Diabloii.net and came across this fascinating article on the nature of illegit items: http://diabloii.net/columnists/a-items-origin.shtml . And this actually sounded really good, because according to this previous hacker or whatever he is, the period is over, the stuff still circulates in the market, but nothing new is coming out. Sounds good, I realize that maybe things can begin to get settled again.

Then I read this, linked also from dii.net, the latest thing out from the @$$ cowz that are the hacking slime of battle.net (/ebay...): http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...0&category=1469

So I ask myself, WHAT THE HECK!? according to this [seemingly] well informed article, no more hacks should be coming out for a long time, and this is over the top, it makes ITH swords look like fluff....

Then I read more on diabloii.net and hear of a new dupe method, check ebay and people are selling the method for thousands of dollars.

The question is, will it ever end? And what is the chance that anyone will ever be able to play on closed battle.net again without hacked items everywhere. It is actually an oddity now to see someone with a single legit piece of equipment aside from maybe a windforce or a stormshield. I hope that the 1.10 ladder may cleanse the realms, but is that nearly as likely as the power crazed hackers, with an obsession of ruling the new realm as well as the old take over and ruin absolutely everything?!

One time, I started a new account and pretended to be completely new to d2, i joined a game and talked to some people. I told them I was new, they told me the hackers had taken over, they told me to return the CD...maybe they were right.....

-Wapptor
"The optimist proclaims that we live in the best of all possible worlds; and the pessimist fears this is true."
-- James Branch Cabell

Messages In This Thread
I cant take it anymore! - by Wapptor - 03-03-2003, 02:50 PM
I cant take it anymore! - by Occhidiangela - 03-03-2003, 03:32 PM
I cant take it anymore! - by WarBlade - 03-03-2003, 05:40 PM
I cant take it anymore! - by kandrathe - 03-03-2003, 06:45 PM
I cant take it anymore! - by --Pete - 03-03-2003, 07:25 PM
I cant take it anymore! - by Kharohz - 03-04-2003, 12:15 AM
I cant take it anymore! - by Conner Macleod - 03-04-2003, 01:32 AM
I cant take it anymore! - by Wapptor - 03-04-2003, 02:43 AM
I cant take it anymore! - by --Pete - 03-04-2003, 02:59 AM
I cant take it anymore! - by Conner Macleod - 03-04-2003, 05:47 AM