Diablo
Zakarum,Mar 6 2003, 02:33 PM Wrote:I haven't really put any points into the Combat Tree.  I mainly keep the aura's up when I'm fighting Diablo cuz my non-aura'd fire resistance is somwhere in the lower 20's  but flash Holy Freeze occasionally just to get that extra cold damage in there.  I hope that helped.  If not let me know.
Oh dear.

I'm thinking you've bound your auras correctly to the attack button on the right and have nothing at all bound to the attack button on the left, is that correct?

If so, then you should know that having two skills selected is not only possible, but how more than 90% of all Paladins builds work.

eg. Paladin A. assigns Vengeance to the left for activation with his left click and Conviction Aura to the right to be occasionally switched out with other 1 point support auras. Paladin B assigns Zeal to the left and Fanaticism to the right for a super fast attack result.

See? Your Paladins usually work best as a two-part combination where an aura reinforces an attack. Actually Holy Shield is fire and forget, so technically three-part if you don't get tricky with aura flashing and you use a shield.

Yikes! That's one troublesome character you have there. :unsure:

Quick fix advice? build up Zeal to level 4, click on the left attack icon and reset it to Zeal. Run that in conjunction with Holy Freeze for a "you are fast, they are slow result". See if you can get a hold of either increased attack speed gloves or Cleglaws Pincers (Cleglaws slows your target in addition to your Holy Freeze chilling making for ultra slow monsters).

As for Diablo specifically? "Magic Damage Reduced" is very nice to see on an item. If you can get that number to about 5 Diablo gets much easier. Shields are great and work very well in a Paladin's hand. Get the dexterity up for high blocking and maybe insert Diamonds into socketed shields for big resistances too. In fact the reason almost nobody ever invests in those near-pointless resistance auras is because resistances are so easy to achieve with something as simple as a 3 socket (or 4 socket) shield. With a Paladin in Normal you should be able to build your character so that he just runs up to D, latches on and basically stays put for the duration of the fight.
Heed the Song of Battle and Unsheath the Blades of War

Messages In This Thread
Diablo - by Zakarum - 03-06-2003, 01:36 AM
Diablo - by Az3ar - 03-06-2003, 01:52 AM
Diablo - by Zakarum - 03-06-2003, 02:09 AM
Diablo - by WarBlade - 03-06-2003, 02:20 AM
Diablo - by Zakarum - 03-06-2003, 02:42 AM
Diablo - by Striker - 03-06-2003, 03:23 AM
Diablo - by AtomicKitKat - 03-06-2003, 03:33 AM
Diablo - by Az3ar - 03-06-2003, 04:38 AM
Diablo - by Az3ar - 03-06-2003, 04:39 AM
Diablo - by WarBlade - 03-06-2003, 04:50 AM