Those "uber 1337 haxxors" finally get the chop
I'm not entirely sure about what was going on with the PNF thing, but my understanding was that it was a series of accidents with regards to managing the accounts database and who it affected was more or less random. It didn't stem from any sort of anti-hack measure. It took a long time to sort out because it affected so many people, and much of it had to be fixed manually.

On the other hand, this mass "banning" is intentional and is targetted at users who show significant evidence of using cheats. However, as with anything, it is possible that mistakes were made. Which is why there's an avenue for people to submit their accounts so the evidence can be reviewed by hand. However, so far, it doesn't look like there were any unjustified bans.

Um, this shouldn't be taken as an attempt to get you to trust Blizzard though. It's mostly a company of extremely young and often rash programmers and artists who are mostly in it for the fun of it. So plenty of mistakes get made.

Regarding BnetD: we have a legal department and sometimes they do things. I've never considered them pirates (well the legal team maybe ;) ) though.

I understand that since no proof is given my statements can't be completely trusted. Actually, I think if someone I had a long association with came up to me and said, "It wasn't me, someone must've hacked my account", I'd accept what they said.

Messages In This Thread
Those "uber 1337 haxxors" finally get the chop - by Isolde - 04-04-2003, 04:42 AM
Those "uber 1337 haxxors" finally get the chop - by Roderigo - 04-05-2003, 11:34 PM
Those "uber 1337 haxxors" finally get the chop - by Thoreandan - 04-06-2003, 04:15 PM