Those "uber 1337 haxxors" finally get the chop
FoxBat,Apr 3 2003, 08:55 PM Wrote:According to Blizzard, I'm probably a pirate and a cheater, so you'll have to pardon me if I'm not too enthusastic about such a heavy-handed approach.
Well, you and I have never agreed about how to handle cheaters. I learned to abhor them by playing Diablo, where the average user is almost completely unprotected from cheaters, except in town (after townkill was patched out). Of course, for years now cheaters can simply crash your Diablo client. So if you're wondering where I got my hatred, it was there.

And you know that 5 years ago or so I went on a PK rampage after a Diablo patch, killing cheaters who were clueless without their cheats. I remember fondly whacking a level 46 warrior with a level 32 naked mage of mine. I went down into the dungeons, saw the warrior casting fireball at a fire immune monster, put 2 and 2 together quickly, and executed him on the spot. I took his items and trashed them in another game.

That's about the only time I've ever PKed people (about a 4 hour session the first night of a patch, all cheaters - pretty easy to spot when doing stupid things like the above example). But it sums up my attitude towards cheaters. Screw them. Once someone cheats, they aren't even playing in my opinion, and the rules of fair play go out the window.

But I suppose we can agree to disagree. I doubt we'll be able to convince each other to adopt the opposite's opinion. B)

BTW, regarding the Basiners, do you really, truly believe ALL the major posters there were legit? There's no way 100% of the posting population ANYWHERE (including here) would be legit. So if you're a major, respected poster of a forum/guild community where you can't hide your account banning by pretending you've stopped playing and your account gets banned, you have two options:
  • Defend your "legitness" like crazy, denounce Blizzard, insist they made a mistake forever, never let up, in order to defend your honor, and just generally wig out
    <>
  • Admit you are a cheater and get run out of the community<>
    [st]
    Gee, what do you think they'd do? And I think Isolde is proving a case here. He has the taste not to name names (and thus start a real fight). But he has no reason to lie. He'd like to prove that some of these people are really legit. But they are not.

I can imagine this will cause a real rift in the community there. Members who post here and are banned will probably never reveal that; they'd know I'd ban them instantly.

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.

Messages In This Thread
Those "uber 1337 haxxors" finally get the chop - by Bolty - 04-04-2003, 03:49 AM
Those "uber 1337 haxxors" finally get the chop - by Roderigo - 04-05-2003, 11:34 PM
Those "uber 1337 haxxors" finally get the chop - by Thoreandan - 04-06-2003, 04:15 PM