Those "uber 1337 haxxors" finally get the chop
The hack detection mechanism doesn't generate false positives. Even for people from the Amazon Basin. It isn't based on usage patterns, behavior, or anything else that could trigger if you aren't using some sort of hack. And it's not illegal or an invasion of privacy (unless you think that detecting someone who's cheating is an invasion of privacy) either for those of who tend to think along those lines.

I looked up the reason why one of the people from the Basin had their account taken away. We recorded over 70 incidences of using a specific and particularly egregious hack on that account over a period of weeks. One incidence could be a bad bit somewhere, not this.

I was pretty disappointed. Honestly, I'd rather it have been a mistake. Then we could restore their account and they wouldn't be posting and generating bad PR. Not to mention that I'd always believed in the people at the AB. And that I'm just generally pretty soft hearted.

Of course, it's still possible that someone hacked their account and used it for cheating. But the chance of that's pretty slim... And if that's the case, they probably don't want their account back anyway.

Messages In This Thread
Those "uber 1337 haxxors" finally get the chop - by Isolde - 04-04-2003, 03:06 AM
Those "uber 1337 haxxors" finally get the chop - by Roderigo - 04-05-2003, 11:34 PM
Those "uber 1337 haxxors" finally get the chop - by Thoreandan - 04-06-2003, 04:15 PM