Those "uber 1337 haxxors" finally get the chop
Dani,Apr 2 2003, 12:18 PM Wrote:And despite what those "fully legit" people say, more often than not, they do use maphack.
Yep.

"I'm fully legit. I don't cheat! I just use maphack. That's not cheating. Everybody does it." - typical "legit" B.netter

Excuse me while I laugh! Look, these accounts were banned. Almost everyone here complains constantly about cheaters on Battle.Net, and now when something is done about it they start sympathizing with the cheaters? Don't get me started. You know with me it's always been black-and-white: you cheat in a multiplayer environment, then **** you and the horse you rode in on for robbing me of the money I paid for my game. To me, there is no limit to the lengths I'd be rooting Blizzard to take to keep any and all cheaters the hell off of Battle.Net permanently.

Edit: I'm ticked off now so I'm going to add to this. Look, prevention of cheating in a multiplayer game is impossible. Anyone who knows programming will understand this. However, DETERRING cheating IS possible. The actions Blizzard have taken here to deter cheating are nothing short of tremendous. For the next few weeks at least, the environment on B.net will be in an improved state. People who actually like to legitimately trade will be able to do so. Those who relied on hacks to be able to play will be forced to learn the "real" way or LEAVE.

The ONLY complaint I could possibly have is "why wasn't this done earlier and more often," but we've been down that road before here. Financially, banning cheaters can have a negative impact and, as we're seeing, can tick off a lot of people. But, as I've stated, Blizzard doesn't always do it solely for the money.

Go Blizzard! Keep it up! Have the guts to kick the jerks out and stand up to the masses. At least I'm behind you.

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.

Messages In This Thread
Those "uber 1337 haxxors" finally get the chop - by Bolty - 04-03-2003, 11:59 PM
Those "uber 1337 haxxors" finally get the chop - by Roderigo - 04-05-2003, 11:34 PM
Those "uber 1337 haxxors" finally get the chop - by Thoreandan - 04-06-2003, 04:15 PM