Problems with Jarulf's Guide
Hail fellow lurkers,

Before posting my issue here, I tried to solve it and sent Jarulf a private message. Unfortunately however, he doesn't check the lurkerlounge too often since the incident with Charred Star's topic. Next step, I tried to send him an e-mail, but it returned with the error: 'mail delivery error'. It seems as if his mail adress is broken... :(

Thus you are the my next (maybe last) step; supposing that many of you have the bible on their computers, maybe somebody has encountered the phenomenon I have ?
So here we go:

[(cut/paste)]

I currently run Jarulf's Guide version 1.62 under Windows 98. While running Diablo 1, I have encountered some problems:
When I back out off D1 with Alt+Tab, everything's still alright.
When I open the guide (doc version), my system goes so slow I can't help it. It takes 5 minutes to load the guide, I usually go back to D1 during this time.
When I go back after 5 minutes, odds are 30% / 70% that Windows will shut down the 'explorer' and with it your guide, because of some unhandled exception error(30%) (remarkably, though, Diablo is not shut down), or that your guide is executed correctly, but still my system is VERY slow(70%). The only other program I'm running is Norton AV 2002.
This is getting somewhat annoying, and I thought you maybe know what to do?

My settings:

P3 500
384 MB SD-Ram
GeForce 2 MX 400
15 GB Hard Drive
56 x CD-Rom (AOpen)
MS Windows 98
MS Office 97 with Word 97
Vanilla Diablo 1.00 (patch 1.09 soon)
Jarulfs Guide 1.62 (doc version)

I would greatly appreciate your help. [/(cut/paste)]

I'd be grateful for all your input.

Greetings, Fragbait
Quote:You cannot pass... I am a servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the Flame of Anor. The Dark Flame will not avail you, Flame of Udun. Go back to the shadow. You shall not pass.
- Gandalf, speaking to the Balrog

Quote:Empty your mind. Be formless, shapeless, like water. Now you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow, or it can crash! Be water, my friend...
- Bruce Lee

Quote: There's an old Internet adage which simply states that the first person to resort to personal attacks in an online argument is the loser. Don't be one.
- excerpt from the forum rules

Post content property of Fragbait (member of the lurkerlounge). Do not (hesitate to) quote without permission.

Messages In This Thread
Problems with Jarulf's Guide - by Fragbait - 06-11-2003, 11:08 AM
Problems with Jarulf's Guide - by Elric of Grans - 06-11-2003, 11:21 AM
Problems with Jarulf's Guide - by D-Dave - 06-11-2003, 11:32 AM
Problems with Jarulf's Guide - by --Pete - 06-11-2003, 01:28 PM
Problems with Jarulf's Guide - by Cytrex - 06-11-2003, 08:52 PM
Problems with Jarulf's Guide - by Fragbait - 06-12-2003, 05:47 AM
Problems with Jarulf's Guide - by Bolty - 06-12-2003, 10:18 PM
Problems with Jarulf's Guide - by Kryn - 06-13-2003, 04:02 AM