1.10 major attack bug ?
Playing an untwinked barb, I started noticing a problem in the jail.
Although the lying char screen stated that I had 95% of hitting a "dark one", I missed a lot of attacks. Usually 2-3 in a row.

That in itself hints at a first bug somewhere. Either simply in the info on the char screen, or in the attack procedure itself.

Then I noticed I missed a lot more (as in almost never landed a hit) when I was facing multiple opponents.
I wasn't stun-locked, as in "repeatedly sent into hit recovery animation". Rather, my attack animations played normally, but the attacks just never connected if I was being hit.

I guess it's been too long since I had stopped playing D2, but I don't remember ever having such a problem. I seem to recall that when your attack was interrupted, it would be actually interrupted, and the animation wouldn't perform all the way.

It became even more critical when I faced good old Creeping Feature in the Stony Tomb.
Wielding a battleaxe of readiness, doing 50 average Bash damage, in players 1 mode, I just could not kill him.
He swings faster than me, and once he's hit me once (he never missed me) I can't hit him back. My attack animations display the whole attack, I'm stuck in the attack animation, but I never hit.
From time to time, after barely managing to disengage, I could land the first hit thanks to the range of my weapon, but after that it was the same: I couldn't hit him back, and my life went down really fast.

Oh, and of course, he regenerates his full life orb in about 30 secs.

In the end, I had to buy pilums and shoot him down.
Even then, I had to try that twice, because the first stack I bought from Fara wasn't enough. I needed two stacks for the job.

So, could anyone do some tests and confirm or infirm those problems with the attack:

1- Actual odds of hitting not displayed properly or not processed properly
2- Attacks automatically interrupted (ie chance to hit = 0) upon getting hit, but attack animation goes on.

Then remember it was players 1, not players 8. Untwinked, I could NOT melee Creeping Feature. Does that seem "balanced" ? :unsure:

Messages In This Thread
1.10 major attack bug ? - by Arutha - 07-05-2003, 11:13 PM
1.10 major attack bug ? - by Mavfin - 07-05-2003, 11:28 PM
1.10 major attack bug ? - by Swarmalicious - 07-05-2003, 11:44 PM
1.10 major attack bug ? - by Nicodemus Phaulkon - 07-06-2003, 06:04 AM
1.10 major attack bug ? - by WeaselOne - 07-06-2003, 06:39 AM
1.10 major attack bug ? - by WarBlade - 07-06-2003, 07:06 AM
1.10 major attack bug ? - by Pren - 07-06-2003, 01:56 PM
1.10 major attack bug ? - by WeaselOne - 07-07-2003, 01:03 AM