Interesting rumor about Venom from Bnet
As an Australian there is an entire lexicon of racist terms to describe the Aboriginal people of Australia. I could but will not list the offensive ones. The term "black-fella" however seems to come close to the defensive position adopted by ignatz in regards to nigga- a term I was unfamiliar with. (If you want a brutal literary example of the word nigger in all its complex dark history check out Faulkner's Light In August.) Any way, it is common useage by "black-fella's" several of whom I have had close frienships while working for the government and is used frequently by them in self-referential ways and also at times derogatory ways.Popular culture such as the music produced by indigenous Australians often uses the term as well as white-fella. But overall it is a much more benign term then nigga or nigger. Well what does this contribute to the debate. Nothing probably.
But there is some cross-cultural grist for all you erudite ones. Man you never get this type of discussion on D2net.

Messages In This Thread
Interesting rumor about Venom from Bnet - by Bob - 08-01-2003, 07:18 PM
Interesting rumor about Venom from Bnet - by narcisco - 09-02-2003, 04:39 AM