Interesting rumor about Venom from Bnet
Ignatz,Aug 2 2003, 08:00 PM Wrote:1. The text parser didn't catch it. The implication is that it is an acceptable term and may be used.
2. I used the term in a way that cannot, by any majority of any society anywhere, cause offense. "Niggas triangulate" means absolutely nothing. It's fun because the two words do not go together on their own, and have such divergent meanings that the result is absurdity. A core component of humor.
3. It was intended to be humorous.
4. Clearly, even Bolty and the other mods make a distinction between "nigga" and "nigger", since the latter gets parsed out. I would therefore not use it even sans parser. Besides, putting the N word next to "triangulate" isn't funny. See point 3.
5. I will not be policed by civilians.
Interesting, because it's exactly those five reasons why I didn't edit your post. As you said, there was a clear context involved, i.e. you weren't calling someone a &$%!ing n****.

At the same time, when anyone posts what you did, I tend to get a few emails about it. So I decided to post that you'll have to defend yourself, because I knew you would.

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.

Messages In This Thread
Interesting rumor about Venom from Bnet - by Bob - 08-01-2003, 07:18 PM
Interesting rumor about Venom from Bnet - by Bolty - 08-03-2003, 05:10 AM