notes on v1.10 (beta) Assassin Blade skills
Quote:If I am interpreting the way the minions are being set up correctly, the bladecreeper will have the AR of the caster plus the listed bonus.
That would be nice and certainly something to utilize (e.g. weapon switch to cast minion with lots of +AR). However, my admittedly error prone tests for AR/DR with Blade Sentinel didn't seem to mesh with that idea (I had bumped my test Assassin at one point to over 900 AR without seeing a clear decrease of the number of misses). I will get around to altering the Creeper if need be to test this again soon.

Quote:The size=3, I would look at being about the distance that you could closely space three gems dropped on the ground.
Ah, thanks for the interpretation. That would make sense, as it does seem to touch nearby monsters pretty effectively.

Quote:For most of the missiles with a NextDelay, it is to avoid having the effect deliver far too much damage.
Yes, I understand the need. It's just a pity they have long delay effects like Blade Sentinel etc. when long delays generate so much contention with a single bucket check. Fixing this isn't trivial, afaik, which is why I mentioned my lack of hope that they'd touch it at this late date.

Quote:Also you may want to consider modding the NextDelay factor to a higher value for your testing.  Or even putting it on a different missile altogether for the testing purposes.  Putting it on say firebolt with a NextDelay=250 might prove useful for certain testing.
I've been pretty successful, now that I know what to look for, in seeing this effect without mods. But such a blatent mod might make a believer out of Zath, eh? I rather prefer the idea of putting the effect on Holy Bolt, so I might possibly grant my hireling/minions psuedo-immunity. :D
"He's got demons? Cool!" -- Gonzo, Muppet Treasure Island

"Proto-matter... an unstable substance which every ethical scientist in the galaxy has denounced as dangerously unpredictable." -- Saavik, Star Trek III

"Mom! Dad! It's evil! Don't touch it!" -- Kevin, Time Bandits

Messages In This Thread
notes on v1.10 (beta) Assassin Blade skills - by Crystalion - 10-06-2003, 10:25 AM
notes on v1.10 (beta) Assassin Blade skills - by relight - 10-07-2003, 04:44 AM
notes on v1.10 (beta) Assassin Blade skills - by Guest - 10-07-2003, 05:04 PM
notes on v1.10 (beta) Assassin Blade skills - by Guest - 10-07-2003, 09:35 PM
notes on v1.10 (beta) Assassin Blade skills - by Guest - 11-02-2003, 04:05 AM